Really really frustrated...

Options

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You need to eat 6 times a day, It's important to get you cut. By keeping your stomach full you will lose weight. Each time you eat you jack your metabolism. Make no mistake you need to eat small amounts each time. Set your Macros to 50 % protein 40% complex carbs and 10% fats

No. You can eat as many times in a day as you want, as long as you're under your calorie goal. The "jacking" your metabolism myth has been thoroughly debunked. Also, her macros are completely dependent on her weight and goals, you can't just give her general weight lifter macros.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You can't lose that much weight that fast and have it stay off. Unless you are really obese, which you are not. You need to eat a way more balanced diet. Less processed stuff, more protein. It will satisfy you more and help you feel better. I also think there is a good chance you are overestimating your calorie burn at work. Not to say you should eat less - I am a big believer in eating back your exercise calories, but don't overestimate what you are burning. Since you have such an active job, it might be beneficial to you to get a Fitbit or something like that to get a better idea of your daily burn, then eat 15% below that. It took me about 4-5 months to go from 165 to 145 (I am 130 now). I have been maintaining since May now.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the above. All I see are processed foods and foods that are pretty unhealthy overall. This is a lifestyle change... You'd succeed not by losing 20 lbs by December, but sticking to a reasonable calorie deficit with healthy unprocessed foods.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow, it really is calories in calories out but wow, you need to find some "healthier" options.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    You need to eat 6 times a day, It's important to get you cut. By keeping your stomach full you will lose weight. Each time you eat you jack your metabolism. Make no mistake you need to eat small amounts each time. Set your Macros to 50 % protein 40% complex carbs and 10% fats DO NOT STARVE yourself eat a minimum of 10% minus your maintenance for the day You should also workout in a gym Lifting weights will protect your muscles so your weight loss should primarly be fat. Bodybuilders will go to a 500 cal deficit for the day X 7 days is 3500 cal =1 lb of fat loss a week That's what i did. Losing weight slowly is healthy. Hope this helps

no, this is inaccurate. You don't "need" to eat 6 times a day. I've lost weight just fine eating 3-4 times a day. Also those are weightlifters macros.
    Looking at your diary, what little is logged, is all over the place. One day you eat 900 calories, the next you eat 1800. Your body is probably super confused. Find a calorie goal, and stick to it. and eat more, but also, don't eat such poor foods. Try vegetables, good carbs, and less processed foods. And stay away from diet shakes, their a joke, honey.

This is not really true either. Eating high and low calories on different days is called calorie cycling and is a pretty good way of keeping the metabolism guessing so as to not reducing it too much. Many people lose weight on this.

As to the OP, please see a nutritionist/dietician, they are the ones licensed to give advice.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You need to eat 6 times a day, It's important to get you cut.
    This is wrong. Doing it won't hurt you, but it's wrong.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Look at my profile pic. See how much space 5# of fat takes up compared to 5# of muscle? This is why your pants are getting smaller while the scale stays the same. Keep eating, keep hydrated, and keep logging. Once your system has finished "recalculating" for this round, you will see the scale go down, too. I lost tons of weight in retail/warehouse, but it took more than a month.
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'd reevaluate whether or not 145 is even realistic. You said you've gone down a size, but not dropped weight, so it sounds like your body is changing even if the scale isn't. The scale is not the end all be all to fitness. Get a tape measure, evaluate your body fat % and let go of the "perfect" number.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that you eat too much junk.you will feel tons better, physically AND mentally if you change that. Maybe look at others' diaries, people who have been doing this for a while and are successful.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    One big thing, make sure you get 80 grams of protein each day. Protein burns fat . Realistically, you can't lose 20 lbs in a month. But if you workout hard almost everyday, you will notice, even if you don't lose a lot of weight, your clothes will fit you better, which is what we want anyway. Sto p weighing yourself so much also. Go everry 2 or 3 weeks. If you are getting more excersize than you used to do and if you are eating less, you are going to lose.
    Like the other person pointed out, you should open up you eating table so we can help.

Add me to you friend list and I will help you

Basil
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    What are you doing wrong?
    You don't haver a plan. Use mfp or some other website to get a starting point then log everything and stick to it.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    For specific reasons I'd rather not get into, I MUST weigh 145 or less by the end of Dec.

Will someone kill you if you don't make it?

I hate to be the one to tell you this... it is december 2nd. you plan on losing 20 pounds in a month? that is 5 pounds a week. Either you need to start starving yourself, come to terms with the fact that you are probably not going to make it, or cut an limb off.

I would go with the limb.

no one is going to know if you do or do not make it unless you tell them.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    your not losing cause your not eating clean nor are you eating enough...
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I can't really explain my NEED to meet this goal by the end of the month...But basically I've had this goal almost all year and don't want to fail another time....:'(

Also, opened up my diary and such to public views....

Sorry but your not gunna do it in one month... be realistic 2 or 3 months sure but not 1.. your diary is appauling ... all i see is crap .. eat more protien and greens and vegs... eat more and you'll start to lose but i wouldnt expect anymore than 1-2 kilos a week
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    why is there a need to be too focused on weight? for myself, monitoring health markers are much better. i notice that it's fulfilling and the scale and fat lose fallows
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Tough love here. 20 pounds in one month is not really doable unless you do some kind of crash diet(not advisable), you will lose water weight predominantly, and you will gain the weight right back. You can't really put a timeline on losing weight, good luck though.

Smart woman
  • jimzisa
    jimzisa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone whose weighed in - no pun intended - thus far. Cutting back too deeply on calories sets you up for failure. Eat CLEAN food. Nothing pre-packaged, no simple carbs and hit your daily calorie marks. Don't skimp. 1 gram of protein per kilogram of body weight per day, no more. 15% of your calories from fats and the balance from complex, slow burn carbs - ditch the bread for a while in favor of beans, sweet potatos, quinoa, etc. My wife - the doctor - wrote this plan for herself and it's working like crazy. If you need workout energy, add carbs. And see your MD about unintended toxicology with MAOIs, SSRIs etc. hang in there
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Can't starve yourself, won't work, won't lose the weight. You'll just wreck your body and your metabolism.

But assuming there really is a very good reason - a risk-your-life, existential-threat good reason - such as that the future of the human race revolves around you weighing 145, or that extra pound will actually turn the earth into a supermassive black hole which will destroy the planet and all it's inhabitants . . .

You can go on the K-E diet. They put a tube down your throat through your nose and you get a trickle of nourishing mucous steadily pumped inside of you from your food sac for twenty-four hours a day. It's barely life-sustaining and you'll be pretty worthless at work. But you can hit that magic, save-the-earth number.

OR!

You can balance your diet, increase your calories to a 20% deficit from your TDEE, and be slender and healthy for the rest of your life.

Why in christ's name do you want to make this hard?

Edited to add:
    I don't know from numbers on a scale but you look absolutely beautiful to me, and it's criminal that you feel so badly about yourself. Please get healthy, not thin.
  • xoRein13
    Options
    Okay now I just feel like total **** and like everyone is just beating me up....thanks guys....
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Okay now I just feel like total **** and like everyone is just beating me up....thanks guys....

Everyone wants you to be healthy and successful but I think we are all really worried about you.

I'm sorry that you feel bad but you must re-evaluate your objectives. You can steadily lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week and keep them off for the rest of your life. Much more than that is simply not possible for the human body without radical intervention.

If you are seeking radical intervention I just don't think this community can help because that's not what any of us do!