yoplait smoothies

Options
I tried the new frozen yoplait smoothies. I really liked the strawberry mango pineapple one. At my grocery store they are $2.50. One packet is 2 servings or 1 really big smoothie. The nutritional info after adding 8 oz of skim milk was: calories-230, carbs-40, fat-2, protein-11, fiber-2, sodium-160. But for $2.50 it was kinda expensive for me. So, I bought frozen strawberries, mangos, and pineapples (sunrise growers brand at wal-mart). Here is my homemade version: 8 oz skim milk, 1/4 c dannon nonfat plain yogurt, 1/2 c frozen strawberries, 1/2 c frozen mango, 1/4 c frozen pineapple, 2-3 splenda packets. So yummy! Here is the nutritional info for my homemade smoothie: calories-208, carbs-40, fat-0, protein-14, fiber-5, sodium-168. So mine has less calories and fat and more protein and fiber. I bet it's cheaper too! Thought I would share!

Replies

• bambi5014
    Options
    I just tried them last week too. They are very filling and so easy to make. I highly recommend them as well, especially when you are tired of eating oatmeal, toast or cereal every morning for breakfast. Makes for a nice change and satisfies a sweet-tooth as well!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Your homemade one sounds great. I'll bet I could add a scoup of protein powder to that and up that protein.
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had the smoothie also. I was great I loved it. But i thought for 1 8oz serving it was only 130 calories with skim milk? Am i missing something?
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    bump
    That sounds really good! I'm going to have to keep it in mind when it starts to warm up. It can be hard to figure out what to eat during the summer here in Florida!
  • becabunny
    Options
    I love making homemade smoothies and I also just buy a mix bag to be cheaper. I blend it up with orange juice for smoothie for just enough yogurt to make it a creamy sorbet consistency (for dessert!) I would recommend cutting out the splenda though! If it isn't sweet enough splurge with some honey or raw sugar, it is easier for you body to process. I also really enjoyed strawberries blended with greek yogurt. Extra protein!
  • tishaberry
    Options
    the nutritional info was for the entire packet w/ 8 oz of skim milk
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I started to buy the bagged frozen smoothie but realized for less money I could make my own home made smoothie. And I can decide what I want to put in it. I just bought yogurt, frozen fruit and I add a little skim milk to make it blend better.