Making No Progress Fast / stuck in Plateauville

Options
OK, I lost 20 lbs between January and July 2012. It was great I lost it slowly over the 6 months. No YoYo ing. I have not rebounded since then. I have not lost a free-king lbs since then either. :(

Someone just told me about the MFP app almost 1 month ago and I started recording my food consumption with it the same day. In the last week I started using the web site. I like using the site better, but I use both...anyway.... I was hoping I'd see steady losses with recording my food intake, but, not happening. Still staying stagnate.

I wanted to be at my goal weight by my BDay in January, but, I'm afraid that is not going to happen. I need to loose 14lbs. I really want to be at my goal weight before going on my dream vacation to Key West May 2013.

Any of you been where I am and got past it? how?

Replies

• Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without seeing your diary. I will tell you that the last few lbs always come off the slowest. How's your sodium intake? I was stuck for a long time & started really watching my sodium & I lost 4 lbs this week. Also, are you looking at your macros, carbs, protein, fat?
  • carters9022
    Options
    Trying making your biggest meal earlier in the day, lunch is a good choice. Also dont be afraid to shake up your body, eat breakfast for dinner. Also it is so very important to never allow your body to go longer then 3 hours with out food.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Trying making your biggest meal earlier in the day, lunch is a good choice. Also dont be afraid to shake up your body, eat breakfast for dinner. Also it is so very important to never allow your body to go longer then 3 hours with out food.

I go 16, 17 hours and even longer without food and it hasn't hurt me. Not to mention I just started doing that to get me out of plateau and it worked like a charm. Dropped 8 lbs in less than a week. I had 4 to 6 lbs that just didn't want to stay away, no matter what. I was eating the same exercising the same but I kept losing and gaining the same lbs but nothing else...then decided to start my fasting again. I stop eating at 7 pm and I don't eat again until after 11 am sometimes a couple hours later depending on what I have going on that day. And since starting that I'm down those 4+ lbs plus an additional 4. You should change more than just your meals around. It doesn't matter when your getting them, if your only changing the time of day you eat them you body doesn't care cause it's still getting the same thing.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Tmauck and I both use intermittent fasting to aid our results. If your not losing, it may help you to consume less by abstaining. On the other hand people will scream at you until they're blue in the face that you may not be eating enough and you need to eat more. I don't subscribe to that belief.

If you want some coaching, you can PM me and maybe I can help. But to give you advice, more details are required.