Options
Hello! I'm a recently truned 40 year old mom of 3 almost grown kids and now is the time for me to put me first. My weight goal is to lose 190 pounds. It's sad its taken this long for me to decide to get real! I went to the Dr. last week after avoiding them for 6 yrs. wanting her to tell me i was so sick i was dying and if i didnt lose weight i would die beofre 50..not what happened she told me i was the healthest obese women she has ever seen. WOW what a shock, so now that I haven't had my Life changing 'bad' news, i guess i have to do it before it gets to that point. WW has been successful for me I lost 76 pounds 3 yrs ago and i have kept it all off but 12 pounds. I am looking ofr help and just support anyonhe out there willing to take me on? Let me know!
Thanks!

Replies

• snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya!!!! I too am a mom over 40 of 3 children - 1 grown, 2 teenagers. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I had no idea how much I weighed. Denial I suppose until I entered a biggest loser contest at work. Shock of my life finding out what i weighed - the most ever. Progress was a total lost of 5.4 in 3 weeks. yeah. Last week set bet with a child have stomach flu for 5 days. Kept track of foot on spreadsheet but a friend recommended this website. I have not worked out "officially" in a week/week and half. Started doing straight cardio. I was too embarssed to try machines because I had no idea what I was doing. Now, each week trying one or two machines but lost focus on cardio. This week going back to cardio 4-5 x per week and then will add weights once some of the weight is down. I would say I am a up down dieter. I either have way few calories or way, way too much. trying to find the happy middle.
  • vflores16
    vflores16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hello i am also a new member i plan to lose 100 pounds well good luck :)
  • larkin
    Options
    New member.....well old....I joined a while back and didn't even finish the registration before I got discouraged. My husband joined a few weeks ago and he was driving me crazy talking about how great it was. I don't love technology so I wasn't interested til last weekend when I had a meltdown because I had to go to a formal event (that I was praying was going to be snowed out) and I couldn't fit into anything I owned....plus when I ran into a store for a quick fix I was told they don't even carry my size....ughhhh! Anyhooo my husband said try it. I went to register and there I was, already a member....how lame is that! I guess I am ready now because I have actually filled in all of the blanks. It has only been a few days but it has helped me stay conscious of what I am eating and I feel motivated to exercise to get the extra credits.....

I would like to lose 65lbs.....Let's see how it goes!
  • summernite72
    Options
    Today is my first day here. Just joined a group, and hope to be able to find it again tomorrow. I don't know how to manuever around the site yet, but am learning. Any tips and suggestions are appreciated. I am 37, wife and a mother of 3. I need to live a healthier lifestyle. I am just excited about this adventure.
  • cheryllynnc
    Options
    hi, I am new also. joined a couple of days ago and this is day three with this program and I just love it. It's so easy and convenient. i am 56 and both of my kids are leaving the nest this Fall for colleges out of town so it's time for me. time for me to get serious. I went to the doctor last week with the intention of a gastric bypass because I knew that I was 'there' and he didn't bat an eye when I asked about it. he sent me to the class two days later and said that he would refer me to the surgeon. After the class, i went home and read all night on this surgery and decided to NOT do it. I am healthy but I'm on the brink and can go into trouble but i can't do the surgery. I really am now motivated more than ever because I have no other options. I need to lose 89 pounds. I'm very excited about this journey!