New To Myfitnesspal

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this site and I was wondering if some of you could tell me how you include this site as part of you diet and exercise routine. I am starting a diet and exercise routine and I was just wondering how others include it throughout their day to give me a better understanding of how I should use it.

Thanks!

Replies

• kas1021
    Options
    I log foods the day before. each night before bed i log on and plan what i want for breakfast and lunch the next day then just plan dinner according to how many cals i have left and whether or not i exercised that day. planning ahead has not only helped me stick to my diet it has gained me some precious sleep time in the mornings! because i know what im having for breakfast and i can sometimes pack my lunch the night before too i get to sleep in longer :] it pays t be organized. i just log on in the afternoon to change any amounts that might have changed and log my exercise then plan dinner and log on again after dinner to plan the next day. so far ive seen pretty good results. i like the sense of control of it all.
    good luck!
  • boniekatie
    Options
    I am just starting too, but I log on each meal and snack just before I eat it and I log my exercise just after I do it. I also log my water as soon as I finish a bottle. I blog everyday. I use it as my journey journal. I need to keep it always on the top of my mind so that I don't fall back into old habits.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    i, on the other hand am totally disorganized, lol. Just not very adept at pre-planning too much. I log into my food diary through out the day and enter in what i have eaten as the day goes on. It does help me to gauge how close or far i am from my calorie goal as I go, and so then I can expect how hard i might need to work out that evening if I want to fit dinner in. Also if I am not getting enough protein that day I will plan my dinner accordingly. I try to work it out so that I am just a bit under on the calories. I do try to eat back half my exercise calories, or all of them if I feel hungry. I m not losing alot, and I am new at this still, but 2 lbs in 10 days works for me if the trend continues.

The tools are there, use them however they suit you best.

Good luck to you!