Fitbit - is it worth it?

Options
Am thinking about buying one. Is it worth the money or can I get something better and cheaper? It'll be my Cmas gift to myself.

Replies

• aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too! *bump*
  • steelmaggie228
    steelmaggie228 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just got one! Set it up tonight- I'm excited!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you do a search, there are loads of posts about this. I have a zip and love it. I don't need the stairs and sleep facility but want it to link to my iPhone.
  • paulabsc
    paulabsc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!! I HAD LOST ALL MY MOTIVATION UNTIL I DECIDED TO COPY A CO-WORKER AND GO GET A FITBIT!! IT HAS HELPED ME AT LEAST KNOW THAT I NEED TO GET MOVING. I TRY TO REACH ALL THE SMALL GOALS THAT IT SETS FOR ME IN A DAY. I HAVE NOW STARTED LOSING AGAIN.

I LOVE MY FITBIT!!

I LEFT IT HOME ONE DAY WAS WAS SO PISSED AT MYSELF, BECAUSE I RUINED MY DAILY AVERAGE.

IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE, GET ONE, OR GET ONE OF THE OTHERS THAT ARE SIMULAR.

:)
  • jaz050465
    Options
    YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!! I HAD LOST ALL MY MOTIVATION UNTIL I DECIDED TO COPY A CO-WORKER AND GO GET A FITBIT!! IT HAS HELPED ME AT LEAST KNOW THAT I NEED TO GET MOVING. I TRY TO REACH ALL THE SMALL GOALS THAT IT SETS FOR ME IN A DAY. I HAVE NOW STARTED LOSING AGAIN.

I LOVE MY FITBIT!!

I LEFT IT HOME ONE DAY WAS WAS SO PISSED AT MYSELF, BECAUSE I RUINED MY DAILY AVERAGE.

What do you mean by the small goals. Have you got the extra service you pay for, or am I missing something.
  • jaz050465
    Options

I LOVE MY FITBIT!!

What do you mean by the small goals. Have you got the extra service you pay for, or am I missing something.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! Bestest purchase I ever made!
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I LOVE MY FITBIT!!

The FitBit website sets goals for you: number of steps to take a day, flights of stairs, distance traveled, etc.
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago, but I am returning it. It is great for motivation, but I don't really need it for that. I think I would benefit more from an HRM. Basically, it acts like MFP except that it monitors your movement above and beyond your daily caloric burn. It helps you set goals for how much you want to burn to lose weight and keeps you motivated to move your body more. I thought it was really cool and worked really well, but it just wasn't what I was looking for exactly. I would definitely recommend it tho!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have one and I would say no, not worth it. If you are strictly a walker or runner it is a good measure but I would suggest an HRM instead. Only my personal opinion, I am sure lots of people like it.
  • suzq0970
    Options
    I love mine. I can wear it all day and get a good gauge of my calorie burn throughout the day. It syncs up with MFP, so I don't have to do any double entry either....I like mine so much, I lost my first one while traveling for work and before I returned home, I'd gotten online and ordered another one!

I'm sure you can get similar for less...I've used regular old pedometers and the like, but I love my FitBit!
  • JessKrcmar
    JessKrcmar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Zip that I received free from work to participate in a daily steps challenge. I got addicted to seeing the little faces it makes at you if it's happy when you're getting a lot of steps in. But then it fell off somewhere and I lost it. :-( The holder it comes in is rubberized but the clip isn't very large and it doesn't stick well to any pants that aren't denim or dress pants. (you can also place in your bra but I sometimes wear bras that clip in the front and that didn't work well for me) Workout pants seemed to particularly be an issue and it would fall off a few times a week, but I always saw it happen. This time, it's gone for good and it took me a week to get over it (was my Fitbit making sad faces, laying on the ground somewhere in the freezing cold? I kid....sort of....) but I won't pay for one myself. I think there are better pedometers out there as far as clips and reliability go.
  • coyotepx
    coyotepx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had the FitBit One for about a few weeks now and it's helped me to understand how bad my sedentary job is to me. I use it and really like it.
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I got a One a few weeks ago. I really love it. It logs my activity well and pushes me to do better: even just seeing that another walk around my workplace will push me up to the nearest thousand keeps me going.
  • joygong
    Options
    i have one and love it! it's great motivation.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I love mine because it keeps me motivated, big time. I love logging in to see how many steps I've taken each day..and seeing my stats on the leaderboard. It kind of puts pressure on you to work out, and I love it so much. I find it especially helpful that it logs your exercise calories into MFP automatically, the calculations are very close to what I get on my HRM, so I rarely use that anymore! I like it!
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hubby bought me one as a surprise! I am love LOVE my Fit Bit. You can get it at Best Buy too.
  • ksweet71
    ksweet71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Most definitely YES!!! My co worker and I LOVE our Fitbits!!! It gets us outside at lunch for walks, no matter what. It's like a game for us... need to earn some calories! We find ourselves walking EVERYWHERE!! It's a huge positive reinforcement, and goes really well with My Fitness Pal.... we are sad when we forget to wear our fitbits. I even wore my Fitbit for Disney trip and it was really fun to watch the daily steps add on.
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Had one did not do great job tracking my aerobic workouts, so I gave it to my sister in law who walks daily for her workouts. Sadly I miss the little guy. But it is basically a pedometer with a little more tracking. My point is it depends on what you are planning on tracking. I started to use an HRM epluse2 for my workouts but still want to see my daily steps so may also get the cheaper fitbit my former one was the ultra. I didn't get much value out of the sleep tracking