30DS/RI30 v Cardio class

Looking for a little advise on a change of routine, hope someone can help!

Since the start of my journey my exercise routine has consisted of walking/jogging, 50 minute Bokwa/Cardio classes about 3-4 times per week and 30DS here and there in between classes.

I KNOW I need to be heavy lifting but right now it's not an option for me to join the gym... So of course I have lost 29lbs but am the dreaded skinny fat - although my stomach is improving with my recent restart of 30DS.

My question is do you think it would be more beneficial for me to do one 20 / 30 min session of a Jillian Michaels DVD over a 50 minute cardio class? I don't care about the scale number, my aim is to look toned not flabby...Due to my height and weight (5'2" and 101lbs) I have a low BMR and TDEE of 1490 (according to scooby) so the cardio gives me more calories to eat as I burn more in my class.

I'm still learning everyday even with being at maintenance and I still don't feel as though I have found my true daily calories, ideally I would love to be able have the freedom to eat more but my weight has stayed the same for almost 2 months with my current routine.

Any suggestions are welcomed!!

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    i think doing 30ds and rin30 are a great way to tone up. it worked for me nicely. i think too much cardio will just keep you " skinny fat" as you say as where jm dvd's have weights included which will help a lot.