***Heart Rate Monitor***

sportsqueen32
sportsqueen32 Posts: 115
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok I bought my fiance ( he is also on MFP) a Heart Monitor for Valentines Day. We exchanged gifts a cpl days early...LOL...Well he tried it out today at the gym. He was on the treadmill and his monitor actually registered his actual calories burned at 100 MORE than what the machine had. To think of all those calories that I could have been eating but didn't know it. I know a lot of people have suggested getting one, well after tonight I know I am getting one ASAP. If anyone is interested he has the Polar F4 and i just ordered a Polar F6 ( it was the only one that came in green, my fave color). I just thought I would post this in case anyone was wondering. Hahaha he also said he didn't mind wearing the transmitter which is almost like wearing a bra...LOL :bigsmile:

Replies

• going2bfit
    going2bfit Posts: 7 Member
    That's awesome! Yay for more calories!!! I just recently bought one for myself and am finding that it says I burn anywhere from 200-300 more calories than the machine does. I didn't get the one with the chest strap but I think I'm going to go ahead and spend the money to get one! Does the one you have allow you to input your height and weight into it?
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    i am in the market to buy one right now too.... I heard the new Garmin (with gps) is amazing....anyone else tried it???
    Most of the people on here have the polar f6 or want it...lol
    I wonder how they match up?
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I have a timez with the chest strap and I know I can put in my height and weight. I believe you can also for the Polar. I did find the Garmin ones interesting, but it is so big and my wrist is so small. :blushing:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    I am trying to invest in a HRM but i have no clue about any of it....whats a good brand?
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    I have the Polar F6 & I LOVE IT!!!! It does have a chest strap & you can add your height, weight & that kind of info but, what I really love is the weekly report it gives you that shows how many hrs & calories you burnt in throughout the week!!!!
This discussion has been closed.