Christmas Vacation VS a Christmas Story

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Which do you prefer?

There was a time when I loved a Christmas Story. But it was downright ruined by being played on a monthlong continuous look.

Christmas Vacation, I've seen about 100 times. And it STILL makes me laugh so hard I look crazy.

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Vacation all the way!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    To tell you the truth, neither. I mean, I like them both enough to watch them once a year, but neither is on my "must see" list. Give me the claymation movies, oh and Miracle on 34th Street!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ldslamKX0e1qa6ql2o1_500.gif

MCC FTW!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to sit through A Christmas Story. Gotta give it to Vacation.
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Vacation ... no contest.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Two totally different movies, I love both of them for entirely different reasons. I own them both and watch them both each Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxGkcC1VrhU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOXpyhM2wA
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Neither. I HATE A Christmas Story and haven't seen Christmas Vacation so I can't comment on that one. But I despise A Christmas Story.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    'Ahhhh, well it wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter than they, hotter than they are.'
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    FUUUUUUDGE! yeah I love me some Christmas story. Especially when that kid eats his mashed potatoes.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I hate both of those movies.

What happened to "It's a Wonderful Life"? I was just wondering, this morning, why the talentless, movie-stealing hacks in Hollywood hadn't tried to remake this one yet.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    "Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... an *kitten* in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer... "

But, then again, "You'll shoot your eye out, kid"

Tough decision. Glad I don't really have to make it! LOL
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Vacation, for sure.

"Shi*ters full!"
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I love them both! I haven't had either one spoiled for me yet, and how could you not love lines like those quoted above, or "It must be Italian - Fra-Gee-Lay"?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I can get just as plastered during either. So I'll go with both. I can leave on Christmas story because it runs 24 hours on TV. So really daddy can be passed out wile the little ankle biters take apart the train and try to shove the caboose in my mouth to stop the snoring. This can be done with Christmas Vacation, but I have to get up every two hours to hit repeat and fill up my brandy sniffer.

drunk-santa.jpeg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

What happened to "It's a Wonderful Life"? I was just wondering, this morning, why the talentless, movie-stealing hacks in Hollywood hadn't tried to remake this one yet.
    I love that one, too. But it isn't in the same category. There are the sentimental, sweet ones (Life and 34th) and then there are the ridiculously funny ones. I like them all.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation!

"Burn dust"
    "Eat my rubber!"

JM
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I love that one, too. But it isn't in the same category. There are the sentimental, sweet ones (Life and 34th) and then there are the ridiculously funny ones. I like them all.

Well I guess if I had to pick a funny one, I'm going to go with the Charlie Brown Christmas special!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation all the way!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Both - I am not just choosing one. I love them both and Christmas is not Christmas until I see them.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Vacation!!!