Here we go...

Options
This is a changing day in my life. I had a nice talk with one of the girls at work yesterday. I knew she has lost a good amount of wight and I started asking questions. She seems so "normal". She seems very happy. I was expecting her to tell me that she had a surgery to lose the weight but she didn't. She did it the healthy way.
I have tried losing weight in the past but I always end up getting so frustrated that I give up. I am frustrated that I can't eat the foods I love, I can only drink water, etc... You know how it goes.
I recently lost my Mother to cancer and i cared for her the last couple of months of her life. Although this was a very sad time in my life, it was the most humbling experience ever and I learned so much about myself. Watching my Mother fight for what she wanted to the very end and always wearing a positive attitude makes me know that I can fight for what I want and make it happen.
I am not going to stress myself out over all of the restrictions and focus on the negative aspects. I am going to know that every day, I am working towards a healthier life and a healthier body.
I am going to take the "not-so-pleasant" thoughts of the last few weeks of my Mother's life and turn it into positve strength to have the life I truly desire.

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My condolences on the loss of your mother. Good luck on your upcoming adventure.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your mom. Good luck with everything. You have a great support cast out here!
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your loss - congrats to you though for turning that negative into a positive - when you're interested / ready check this link out - you can lose weight without all of the restrictions - I eat everything - the only thing I cut out (as much as possible) is sodium and everyone should be doing that regardless of weightloss goals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. But thank you for posting. Your topic has given me some inspiration. A little reminder to not look at all the negatives as I tend to frequently do, but to work toward my goal in a positive, supportive role.

A dear friend of mine from MFP quoted Zig Ziglar this morning and here it is..... “It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through." Thanks Chula!

These are great words to live by when we lose sight of the path. Keep at it. You’ll be successful. Don’t let the little things get you down. Keep focusing one day at a time.
  • hmichele323
    hmichele323 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the well wishes and for making feel right "at home" here. Like everything in life, we just need to take it one day at a time.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have tried losing weight in the past but I always end up getting so frustrated that I give up. I am frustrated that I can't eat the foods I love, I can only drink water, etc... You know how it goes.

I've been in those shoes so many times. This time around I decided to continue to eat what I loved but just much, much less of it. I've set my calorie budget and log everything. At the end of the day if I want something sweet and have the calories for an oreo or two, then I'll have the oreo(s). I also don't beat myself up or feel guilty if I over indulge one day and instead just try to do better the next day. So far this "method" has worked and I've stuck to it far longer than before. Good luck with everything!!
  • martinr_927
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss.
    This is my first day here and i love all the support given.

Feel free to add me if you'd like and best of luck with your weight loss goals
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Bless you for caring for your mother, you have obviously had a very difficult time recently and I really admire you for using the sad experience and turning it into something positive. I believe that your mum would be very proud of you. All the very best with your journey xxx
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is a changing day in my life. I had a nice talk with one of the girls at work yesterday. I knew she has lost a good amount of wight and I started asking questions. She seems so "normal". She seems very happy...
    I recently lost my Mother to cancer and i cared for her the last couple of months of her life. Although this was a very sad time in my life, it was the most humbling experience ever and I learned so much about myself. Watching my Mother fight for what she wanted to the very end and always wearing a positive attitude makes me know that I can fight for what I want and make it happen.
    I am not going to stress myself out over all of the restrictions and focus on the negative aspects. I am going to know that every day, I am working towards a healthier life and a healthier body.
    I am going to take the "not-so-pleasant" thoughts of the last few weeks of my Mother's life and turn it into positve strength to have the life I truly desire.
    So sorry for your loss. I recently lost my Dad very suddenly and it made me know how precious life is so I work hard to make myself healthier. Everytime I workout I can hear him say "Keep up the good work" so from me to you "Keep up the good work"