Stay motivated You can do it.

Options
I had read somwhere once that it was a good motivater when you were just getting started and only lost around 5 or 10lbs that to help you get a good feel for that when you are at the grocery store find something that weighs how much you lost (i.e. a 5lb bag of flower) and pick it up so you can feel how much weight you have taken off of your body. I did this yesterday and it felt great. I was awesome to pick up a 10lb bag of dog food and think this much weight is no longer putting constant presure on my joints and feet. I am walking around with this much less fat. For me it was a great motivater instead of looking at the fact that I have 64 more pounds to go I was able to look at the fact that in just 3weeks I have lost the first 10 and that is a great start in the right direction. Good luck ot everyone hope this helps.

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I'm going to try that. I'm trying to lose a total of 18 lb and I have backslid horribly. But I just picked up my 20 lb weights and realized how much better I'm going to feel when I don't have to carry that around anymore. Thanks for sharing.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Funny.... I picked up a 16# bag of cat food just yesterday and thought to myself that ths is what I used to carry extra (and then some) - LOL... it IS a great motivator. That's a great idea... :bigsmile:

Congratulations on your loss! :flowerforyou: