What a difference a year makes (pics)

katrwal
katrwal Posts: 336 Member
The actual birthday is still a couple of days away (Wednesday), but we went out and celebrated Saturday night (Sunday's diary looks great - amazing what you don't eat with a hangover!).

Just a reminder - here's where i started last year (this was taken November 14, 2011 by my then-5 year old) - and why I decided to make some changes:

before-20111114.jpg

and here's how I looked before heading out last night - it was funny - I kept getting distracted by how thin my legs & arms look:

340FF81E-2566-4663-91FD-29FBB2466DD1-180-0000000F279F2F1B-1.jpg

(cropped the head because i have a silly grin on my face) :D

Dinner - Dublin Broil, with fresh scalloped potatoes & spicy califlour gratin:

6B6859EA-756C-4236-A989-5DF01E709D4E-180-0000000F3345CAD9-1.jpg

the BIRTHDAY CAKE (oh my gosh - my sister made it - the cake is a caramel apple Milky Way-fudge swirl cake with chocolate icing, then covered with Kit Kats and M&Ms - I'm very proud to have only had 1 piece):

EBB2E6D6-4D70-4337-BDCA-32A8FCA71DA5-180-0000000F2CC6FFDE-1.jpg

And, finally, me & my incredibly patient & understanding husband:

A3DA5D1D-875A-44FC-8388-785B180FF35F-180-0000000F2BEE2B08-1.jpg

I really feel like I hit my original goal - do over for 40 - a couple of days early. I can't wait to see what next year brings!

Replies

• JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    OMG...you are AMAZING!!!!! and you look FANTASTIC!!!! How much weight have you lost in total?

Isn't it nice to sit on Hubbby's lap and NOT wonder if you're breaking his leg? LOLOL

What an inspiration you have been to me! Love you!! xoxoox
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Absolutely amazing!! You look wonderful, your arms look so toned and slim! Congrats on such a great achievement :)

Happy early birthday!
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    that cake! omg!

congrats you look awesome! :)
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Hi Jana - when the first pic was taken i was around 240 pounds - this morning I was 162 - so that's 78 pounds gone so far... ticker doesn't show that because i joined MFP after the first 50 were gone... :drinker: love right back at you!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    30054787.jpg

Congratulations on your success! I'm glad you're still able to find a nice balance with food and fun! You look amazing!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    What a huge accomplishmnet! You look wonderful and happy birthday!
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Happy Birthday! You should be proud. You look amazing, very inspiring! I was just thinking that my 40th is coming up in 2013 and I really want to feel and look my best for it!
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    You easily look 10 years younger, & I bet you feel even better! CONGRATULATIONS - your hardwork definitely shows. You look fantastic!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    I am blown away....What good work...and Happy Happy Birthday...you deserve to enjoy it to the fullest
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    you look wonderful!
    that cake looks deadly, but so very good!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 634 Member
    You look awesome!! Congratulations!! I should have had you cake for my 40th that was just in septermber...love it!!
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    You look great and congrats! (that cake is the definition of death by chocolate!!!)
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Congrats on your success! You look great! Can't wait to post my before and after for my 40th birthday in October!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!! And you're attitude towards food seems great. Having one piece of that wonderful cake is fine, it's when we eat the entire cake that is bad. Great job, you look wonderful!
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    You look awesome and I am so stealing that cake idea.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Congratulations!! And happy birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    that is awesome! I especially liked how you gave a shout out to your hubby! How sweeet!!!!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Your arms look amazing!! Congratulations

Cake :love:
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    You look great and congrats! (that cake is the definition of death by chocolate!!!)

death by chocolate, but what a lovely death LOL
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Congratulations! You have done an amazing job and are such and inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!