Running...

Options
Hi Guys :)

I have recently started running, I REALLY enjoy this and it gets a good sweat going (yummmm, lol!)
I can only currently do about 4km, but would really like to finally get to do 10km. Does anyone know of any training programmes online to get from about where I am to 10km??? I find whilst sticking to an actual program I am a lot more motivated :)

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    These things are everywhere but Runner's World is a good starting point. I like the one below because it includes interval training which has helped me with 10Ks and half marathons. No need to pay for one though.

http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/runners-world-10k-plan-beginners-6-weeks
  • kirzz92
    kirzz92 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    thanks so much :D:D
    Half marathons?? You're an inspiration ;)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Not really but thank you. I found that 10Ks are my favorites, probably because they don't interfere with my gym workouts but are long enough to work out a day's stress. Of course I'm now recovering from a knee issue so I'm limited to shorter runs.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Google 10 week training plans and you find sever. I mainly use Hal Higdon plans (used his for my 20k & half). Runners Wold, Hal Hidon and Cool Runnings all have great programs. The big thing is finding one that works for you.