so happy with my times!

Options
clheide
clheide Posts: 112 Member
I ran my first 5K last year (June) weighing in at 230-ish pounds (my heaviest was 273). My only goal was to run the whole thing, no stopping, no walking and I did that. My time was about 37:45.

Less than one year later, I'm weighing in at 164 pounds and this week I have consistently run my practice 5K's in less than 30 minutes! My time today was 28:53!!!

I can't wait to hit the roads this spring and see what kind of times I can get in a real race!

WOO HOO!

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck in the spring!!:bigsmile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! It must feel so good. I'm training for a 5K sometime this year on the treadmill. But I'm also curious to see how I do in the "real world". What an inspiration!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    good job!
  • runner915
    Options
    Congrats! That is amazing! Where are you from? Runner's World has a good guide of road races that are a lot of fun to do if you are looking for something different. They do list a lot of longer races, but I know that they include different 5ks that have fun themes and stuff. But anyway, way to go and good luck with your running!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!