<-- This girl is on FIRE

Options

Replies

• Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look FANTASTIC!!!! :)
  • dhv5688
    dhv5688 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring! And you look amazing, so much younger, healthier, and happier! Keep up the good work!
  • selah75
    Options
    Wow! You're story was so honest and inspiring. Thanks for sharing!!!:happy:
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Congrats on your weight loss. I too have Lupus. I was diagnosed when I was 10 years old, I'm 33 now. I have had many flare ups, but have been in remission for 9 years as of this December. Know all too well what prednisone can do to the body! Hate it!! You look outstanding!
  • DeeOnAMission
    DeeOnAMission Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you are truly amazing. You are an ispiration. Keep it up. You have motivated me so much.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    yowie your hot honey and well done thanks for sharing xx
  • BigRich822
    Options
    Way to kick *kitten*, thats awesome!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you..I have seen you give it 100% effort and look at the payoff!! So happy for you :)
  • LeanInThirteen
    LeanInThirteen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I needed that! Great Great story. Congratulations!
  • crazy4fids
    Options
    Congrats...you look AMAZING! It is so sad how chronic illnesses can rob us of life. Is your lupus in remission, or at least, under control?

Also, do you take any vitamin or herbal supplements, like Herbalife?

Keep up the good work!
  • jeanninecurran
    jeanninecurran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed your story. You had a rough road and I can identify with feeling like throwing in the towel for life in general. I admire that you didn't give up. Your pictures are inspiring. I've lost 23lbs with MFP and only have 2 more to go to get to goal. I never thought I could do it again at 51 yrs. old. You are a good writer. Ever thought of doing it professionally?
    Anyway, thanks for sharing your story and I am very happy for you.
  • acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Such an apt title for this post, I am literally speechless and awe struck by the sheer force of will it took for you to get to where you are. Thank you for sharing, I hope you will share your story with others in the SLE community to motivate and empower them to achieve their best life (yes I am shamelessly quoting Oprah) While I don't suffer from and autoimmune disorder I've worked with many who do, the near crippling fatigue and physical toll of the disease is one thing; but combine that with the emotional impact of such an illness, not to mention the weight gain associated w/ prednisone (a necessary steroid for acute flare-ups)..... I am so inspired by your story, if you of all people don't have excuses and kept recommitting and working, there's no way I can give up.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    wow amazin! you look fantastic!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW!! You look FANTASTIC!!

And I am familiar with Lupus. I know someone who has it, so I understand.

But...looks like once you make up your mind, you GO FOR IT!!

I am soooooo proud of you!! Congrats!
  • lamarnnem
    Options
    Your story is truly an inspiration. You've pushed and encouraged me as well. Great work. Love reading your transformational story.
  • brittuhnay
    brittuhnay Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are AMAZING! Seriously inspiring!
  • craftiness74
    Options
    Wow is all I can say- wow
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am truly humbled and overwhelmed by your response to my story. I can only hope that it DOES inspire others who are suffering from an autoimmune disorder and please feel free to share my story with others who have Lupus. I am honored that you would even consider using me as a motivation for someone that you care about.

(((hugs))) and love

Marge
  • loasface
    loasface Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    how inspiring!!! you go girl!!! keep it up!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Awesome job overcoming obstacles and getting more healthy and fit!! You look fabulous!!
    PS: I love the thread title and could just hear Alicia Key belting that out!! Great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!