To count my weight loss or not to? Huuummmm?

Options
It's been a really really hard few weeks for me. I was going to the gym almost daily. Very mad I only lost 2 pounds in a month. Then I started my period, got on the scale and wanted to beat it with a hammer! :laugh: I just kinda gave up last week. I didn't really go to the gym. Just stayed active in the house. Only ate when I was hungry, but didn't log calories. :grumble: Anyway...

My menstruation is over and now I have dropped some weight on the scale big time! I weighed 135 last weigh in, during that awful time I went up to 139! Yesterday I was 133, today I'm 131.5! I am a little dehydrated today (I was bad and had some wine last night) So I really don't want to weigh in at 131.5. I'm thinking I really am 133 but I don't want to be mad if tomorrow I'm 135!

My normal weigh in day was saturday, but because my weight was jumping up and down by 5 pounds a day for 2 weeks I didn't want to count it. I REALLY want to say I've lost 2 pounds :bigsmile: Just don't know if I should? It would make me feel happy.

Replies

• youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I say that you just weigh in on Sat and take that weight..and count it...skip the others and just move on from your weigh in on Sat...I also weigh in on Sat and if it shows a gain then I will log it just the same as a loss..and move on and aim my focus more toward my goal...dont get frustrated cause that will not prove anything except for a poss. failer to your future goal..just start fresh and move forward and hope that the scales tell you the 2 pound or more loss on Sat...Good Luck !
  • ractayjon
    Options
    start fresh...pick a weigh in day based on what you think may be best for you -- would Monday be best to keep you honest on the weekends? would a friday be better in case you mess up on the weekends youhave until next friday to make up for it...would Wed be best right in the middle? choose one and start fresh with that day. And forward weigh on that day only - especially during your TOM (since you saw first hand how much you can fluctuate).....
    Good luck!!
  • lors624
    Options
    I do my official weigh in on Saturday with a check-in on Thursday. I do the Thursday off the record to keep myself motivated for Thurs/Fri when I am prone to going out to lunch w/ friends and co-workers. If I have a bad day and "fall off the wagon" I weigh myself at night, when we are heaviest, and that helps snap me out of my funk. I usually weigh 3-5 pounds more at night than my "dry weight" in the morning. I believe this is normal.

That confessed, I agree with the other who are basically saying two things: 1) pick a weigh in day and log it no matter what it says and 2) stop obsessing over the scale. I know it is frustrating no knowing, but from personal experience I believe it is less frustrating than constantly checking yourself and stressing about it (which can lead to falling off the wagon - see above). Hope this helps.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    If Saturday is your official weigh in day, mark the weight on that day!!!! Don't worry about what the scale says any other time be it up or down!!!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to concentrate on the knowledge that you are making steady downward progress. Sometimes the weight does not show up on the scale, but the body is changing for the better regardless. In looking back you will see that it has all been steady accomplsihments. Stay true to your goals! :flowerforyou: