Ladies, I need a new dress!!

Options
n2thenight24
n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
[US] So, the annual Christmas party is this Saturday, and I want to look hot :) Nothing fits me, so I'm going to have to buy a new dress!! I want to show off my new slimmer waist, but keep in mind it's gonna be COLD outside. But I have NO fashion sense, so I need help!! And ideas!! Thank You!! Also, I have no boobs, lol. So nothing that really focuses on my non existent cleavage.

Replies

• Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Try www.renttherunway.com :)
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Try www.renttherunway.com :)

Thank You :) That is so neat. I didn't know you could rent awesome dresses!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    129131798250810915.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. lol. I REALLY wish I had some advice, but I have NO IDEA how to shop for clothing anymore now that I can't rely on whatever is at Lane Bryant or The Avenue. It's all so confusing and frustrating. :( I do hope you find something lovely, though! Maybe get a pushup bra to help your cleavage? :D
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    My sister always wore two bras to make her boobs look bigger. Now she's on her 3rd boob job, lol. Maybe I'll get me one of those water bras, do they still make those?
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think they do, I would suggest an empire waist dress, but that would hide your waist....
    Or you could go for a high loose neck line, it would hide what you don't have, and then go for a form fitting shape... if I find a pic online i'll PM it to you !
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    fvqz6.png

i find this style of dress looks good on everyone, and you can usually find one with or with out sleeves and a better neckline than this one, and lots of different colors or patterns :)
  • maddieprice87
    maddieprice87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think a fit and flare dress would be good for this time of year- long sleeved, fitted top, nipped in at the waist and flared out?
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I LOVE those wrap dresses!!!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    [US] So, the annual Christmas party is this Saturday, and I want to look hot :) Nothing fits me, so I'm going to have to buy a new dress!! I want to show off my new slimmer waist, but keep in mind it's gonna be COLD outside. But I have NO fashion sense, so I need help!! And ideas!! Thank You!! Also, I have no boobs, lol. So nothing that really focuses on my non existent cleavage.

What's the budget? What's your size? Are you comfortable with open arms, short or knee length?

Go to the Macy's, Nordstrom, they have lots of dresses to offer. Diane von furstenberg, Lauren by Ralph Lauren are good and classy... DVF is famous for great wrap dresses, and they are really good on curvy figures. She's my go-to for figure flattening dresses. I have just purchased her Zarita dress for a party. She goes up to a size 14 but its better to try them on because her sizes can be tricky.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I get all my dresses from Forever 21. They have tons of dresses, check out their website!

Or Deb's. They also have a website, not sure if you have any Deb's stores near you or not
  • n2thenight24
    Options

What's the budget? What's your size? Are you comfortable with open arms, short or knee length?

Go to the Macy's, Nordstrom, they have lots of dresses to offer. Diane von furstenberg, Lauren by Ralph Lauren are good and classy... DVF is famous for great wrap dresses, and they are really good on curvy figures. She's my go-to for figure flattening dresses. I have just purchased her Zarita dress for a party. She goes up to a size 14 but its better to try them on because her sizes can be tricky.

I'm not sure of my size. So I'm going to have to go somewhere where I can try things on. I'm ok with short, I have great legs, lol. Maybe a quarter sleeve though, because I don't want to be freezing cold. And no budget, I just wanna look amazing!
  • Eshathediva
    Options
    MY SEXY GO TO....ASOS.COM
  • YaGigi
    Options

I'm not sure of my size. So I'm going to have to go somewhere where I can try things on. I'm ok with short, I have great legs, lol. Maybe a quarter sleeve though, because I don't want to be freezing cold. And no budget, I just wanna look amazing!

Giiiiiirl, no budget? I'm here to help you then, lol!

1. BCBG by Max Azria. The ultimate place for party dresses. Their last collection is great for the New Year! Short, long, lace, sparkles, Swarovski, plain, anything. Dresses about $500
    2. Roberto Cavalli. The ultimate SEXY Italian clothing. He's often does good dresses for small breasts, especially the corset dresses, wooooow, I love them but can't fit in my boobs. Just Cavalli is a cheaper line, dresses from $300 to $1200.
    3. Dolce and Gabbana. Can be very lash, can be very sexy. They also have good corset dresses for small breasted and small waists. D&G is a cheaper line, priced from $200 to $800.

ALL of them go on sale up to 60% before Xmas.

If you're close to NY, I go to the Woodbury Commons, that's my favorite place for designer shopping.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    I'm not :( I'm in loserville Ohio, Lol. I'm going to have to maybe travel to find some of those places.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I'm not :( I'm in loserville Ohio, Lol. I'm going to have to maybe travel to find some of those places.

There's BCBG in Cleveland and Cincinnati for sure. I think I saw BCBG in Columbus too.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    I'm gonna have to go to Cincinnati then!!