what to get for a man in your life..?

Options
iLoveMyPitbull1225
iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
Who seems to have it all. Hes a friend so I dont want any sexual responses. But, I wanna get him something nice that he will really enjoy not just "something" if that makes sense. Help!

Replies

• xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    How about something completely out there like a bungee jump experience....you know how you can get those gift cards for extreme things like that !

Or something both of you could enjoy like a weekend away or an overnight stay with breakfast at a nice hotel?
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Most of my guy friends get homemade cookies and/or candy. I've had zero complaints and now get requests. Another thing that might be cool (depending on how much you want to spend) is some sort of experience: F1 racing, gun range/shooting lesson, etc.
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Chocolate Milk and Beef Jerky
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    OH MY SORRY!!!

Ignore the second one, i re-read and saw he is a friend. sorry mis-read it!
  • __F4t2f1t__
    Options
    Fossil Watch
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    hahaha.chocolate milk and beef jerky..

but I was thinking about getting him a nice watch. I think i might do that, and I was planning to make a gift basket with homemade goodies in it for him and my landlord and a few others. I think thats what Ill go with :)

Thanks!!
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    What does he enjoy doing? If he likes to cook, can you get him a cooking classes somewhere or some kitchen gadets from Williams Sonoma. If he's into Art, get him an art book and passes to a museum, etc.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You already had my idea. Put the watch in a nice box then wrap it complete with ribbon and bow and put it in his gift basket.
  • VinylHearts
    Options
    Check out gifts.com, thewetbar.com, and uncommongoods.com for some ideas :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Anything from his favorite sports team...I don't know of any guy who ever gets tired of more stuff, and if he has all the recent stuff you can go to used/thrift shops or ebay for vintage items...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    The Avengers DVD. You think he wants a Ferrarri but he really just wants the Avengers DVD.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The Avengers DVD. You think he wants a Ferrarri but he really just wants the Avengers DVD.

lol..you must've met my husband :)
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just saw really cool mugs on uncommongoods.com - there is a space at the bottom to put cookies. I'm thinking of doing a gift basket that has the mug, flavored hot chocolate and spiced apple cider packets & cookies. I'll have to wait for the mugs to arrive to see what size cookies will fit in the "warmer" area at the bottom of the mug. I think a guy would like something along those lines.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hes a friend so I dont want any sexual responses.

Oh....well then IDK. :ohwell:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Who seems to have it all. Hes a friend so I dont want any sexual responses. But, I wanna get him something nice that he will really enjoy not just "something" if that makes sense. Help!

Give him bacon.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Amazon gift card?
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I was racking my brain over what to get my boyfriend until I found some really nice tungsten rings on Amazon for only $20. He's always complaining about his gold band getting scratched up, and these are practically impossible to scratch. That could be a possible option, they have some really awesome designs for men.

ETA:
    This is the one I got him. They have some with really great inlays, but those will scratch over time.

http://www.amazon.com/Polish-Matte-Finish-Tungsten-Wedding/dp/B002EBHD8K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    A great bottle of wine. Some type of beer of the month club, tickets to a show or sporting event. If they have "everything" def get him something that can be used up or consumed.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    A hot air balloon ride for him and a guest!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Beer \m/