Regular Eaters of Chocolate are Thinner

Options
13»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am pro chocolate. I eat it 2-3 times a day. I would probably shrivel up and die without it. Just saying. Also, it has more iron per once than beef... and some made up healthy stuff in it...

Only true dark chocolate. Most of the dark chocolate you see in grocery stores isn't true dark.

I KNOW my chocolate.

I'm sure you do, but you made a blanket statement that is false. Milk chocolate and dark chocolate that isn't really dark chocolate do not count.

Also, the brand I like makes several different levels of dark. I eat the 85%, which has much more iron than the 70%.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am pro chocolate. I eat it 2-3 times a day. I would probably shrivel up and die without it. Just saying. Also, it has more iron per once than beef... and some made up healthy stuff in it...

Only true dark chocolate. Most of the dark chocolate you see in grocery stores isn't true dark.

I KNOW my chocolate.

I'm sure you do, but you made a blanket statement that is false. Milk chocolate and dark chocolate that isn't really dark chocolate do not count.

Also, the brand I like makes several different levels of dark. I eat the 85%, which has much more iron than the 70%.

my chocolate can beat up your chocolate
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I KNOW my chocolate.

That really wasn't my point. A lot of people would read that initial statement and think it was universally true.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    A lot of people would read that initial statement and think it was universally true.

a sad truth
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I find a small bit of dark chocolate eliminates my chocolate/sugar cravings. I'm talking a small handful so I can see where this article is coming from in that regard.

And notice they continued stating "moderate". Moderate chocolate is not a Snickers bar with caramel, peanuts and nougat on top of the chocolate.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options

I KNOW my chocolate.

That really wasn't my point. A lot of people would read that initial statement and think it was universally true.

I assume other people don't take blank statements on public message boards as truth, and know how to google and read nutrition labels. Damn, this is not an academic publication, and I'm not trying to win any journalism awards. My entire comment was tongue and cheek from the tone... I eat straight cocoa --- a brand that has 15% DRV per tablespoon. I eat like 5 tablespoons of that a day... and chocolate candy on top.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My grandfather credited beer for his health and longevity, true story.

brewer's yeast
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    sure....regular eaters because they don't deny and then binge....
    but still there's a difference between a regular eater that has a square or two every day...
    and a regular eater that has four bars a day (on top of their daily allotted calories)

so yeah

This! I can make a candy bar last up to a month. Which, I am assuming, makes me the kind of "regular eater" they are talking about. Moderation is the key!

So are crack heads. that doesn't mean you should do it :)

lol... I love this!