Hitting a Plateau

Options
Good morning all. I wanted to share that I have decided to take drastic measures to bust through my weight loss plateau. I have been struggling to lose that last 7 pounds to get down to my target weight of 175#. This weekend, I purchased Insanity:Asylum. While I do cardio quite a bit, nothing looks to be as intense as this.

Have any of you ever used products like Insanity or P90X? I'm looking for some advice on how to attack and stick to the programs. I already hit the gym 5-6 times a week. Now I am adding in some high intensity cardio.

Also looking for friends and support!

Thanks,
Frankie

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My hypothesis about plateaus is that it simply takes time for our bodies to adjust and I just waited them out. I would get stuck and then lose 5 pounds seemingly overnight. I've never used P90X or anything like it. I run, we have a small no-nonsense gym in the neighborhood owned by the homeowners association. I have free weights in my garage and a pullup/chinup bar. Nothing fancy about my workouts.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I have done p90x and Insanity (normal).. Follow the nutrition guide on how much you should be eating, and the macro's too.. If your in the gym 5-6 times a week and doing Insanity those same days you are going to be burning a pretty high calorie amount, so you gotta eat correctly or your gonna be stuck on that plateau.
    At 182, doing the Insanity program if they are 30-60 minutes, your probably going to burn 350-500 calories. They are fun, but land softly.. I enjoyed it but my knee's did hurt towards the end at times from the constant jumping.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. Before i start the program, I'm going to make sure I have my diet right. I know that is probably the biggest thing holding me back. I will get it...just may take a lot of reading, some guidance, and a little experimenting.

Thanks again!