Need Motivating Friends!

Options
13»

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I only have two friends on here and I don't really want to broadcast to all of my Facebook friends that I'm trying to lose weight.

I actually deactivated my facebook and that is one of the reasons. I'd like to come back in a month or two and just be like...BLAM, 20 pounds thinner and a lot hotter, hahaha!

I'm a recovered facebook addict. I didn't cancel my account, but I have only been on 3 times in the last year. I'd rather discuss my goals, temptations and victories here!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Down to the final 40 !! I will be supportive and only want supportive friends here. Anyone feel free to add me. Thanks.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new to this program and need all the support I can get. I'm a male 47 years old, 5'8" and 290lbs, I dream of being 200 again someday. I was a gym rat for most of my youth but now find it hard to start back carrying all this excess baggage. I've been in a funk for the last several years and just can't seem to shake the blues. Where do I start, without taking prescriptive drugs?

I started with going to a smaller gym and made friends with those who worked there. They helped with accountablity because they would expect to see me every morning, they encouraged me as they saw changes, and as we got better aquainted they were able to make suggestions to help me get closer to my goals. Being part of MFP is helpful as well because you have millions of people going through the same thing who can help and encourage!!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want (anyone welcome to, just be supportive is all I ask)