Looking for some new friends for motivation and support :)

Options
Hi guys :) My name is Whitney. I'm 22 years old and I've struggled with my weight all of my adult life. I hit my highest at around 340 lbs. as a teenager and now I'm working to get the last 30-40 pounds off, tone up, and get strong. I am also trying desperately to improve my self esteem, which has been in the gutter for as long as I can remember.

I have been a member of MFP for about two months now, and have lost about 10 lbs. since I've been here. The rest of the weight I lost prior to joining, but I went ahead and changed my ticker to reflect that.

I don't have much of a support group at home, so I'm really looking for a group of great friends here to help me out. I am having a hard time keeping motivated lately, as I have been very stressed with several things in my life right now and also struggling with my self esteem. I tried keeping a self esteem diary here, but I haven't been keeping up on it like I should be. I also fall apart eating and exercise-wise on the weekends.

I am looking for some wonderful, sweet friends who can help encourage me and keep me on track. I promise I will do my best to do the same for you. Thanks in advance :)

Replies