Is it too good to last?

ambee0803
ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been on mfp for 10 days, i've lost 8 lbs. Is it normal to start out loosing that fast? Is it healthy? Anyone else who has lost at about the same rate, did you keep loosing that fast? I hope I do but at the same time I also know that it could causes problems.

Replies

• dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Well everyone is different, I know the first 30-40 lbs. I lost seemed to just fall off I couldn't believe it. Then I hit a plateau and have stayed there for months now, I've always heard losing the first half is easy, the last half is way hard. I think as long as you keep logging your food and exercising, making the right food choices and drinking lots of water you should be fine. Good luck!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    It is normal. when you start eating better and exercising more your body will let go of all the excess fluid you are retaining, and that fluid weighs alot, 8 pounds a gallon or so... As your body gets used to the new lifestyle things will slow down and stabilize to a more reasonable amount.

Keep up the good work!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    When i started WW last June I lost 9 pounds in one week! I lost 4 the next week. Then I was down to 1.5-2.5 losses per week. Hope that helps :) That was with very moderate walking and outdoor cylcling (with family).
This discussion has been closed.