Trying to not get frustrated

meaghanbishop
meaghanbishop Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I'm Meaghan and I have been on here for just over a week. I had been keeping track of calories by myself first and I have lost 13 pounds since the beginning of January. But, after a week on MFP, I have lost nothing. I am trying really hard to trust that the process works, but it is so discouraging when the scale doesn't show you your hard work is paying off. Maybe next week...

Replies

• Hang in there, don't get frustrated!! Just keep counting those calories and logging what goes in your mouth!! :) It works, I'm 45 pounds lighter b/c of it, so if I can do it, anyone can!!! Keep at it! :D
  • mmccurrach
    mmccurrach Posts: 50 Member
    I know what you are feeling! I'm sorta there now. Each day I say, tomorrow will show on the scale. Grrrr! Is there anything you can do different in your menu than what you are doing? For example, I think I am eating too many processed snacks at night and maybe if I switch to fruit I'll see a difference. Is your period here or coming? Could you drink more water?
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Are you taking your measurements? That may be where you find your feel-good moment. :flowerforyou: Don't get discouraged. :bigsmile:
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    I, too, have been counting calories on my own since early January up until about 5 days ago and my weight loss has stalled but I know the reason now:

I wasn't eating nearly enough in the previous month (net intakes of only 600 cals a day) so I stalled out because my body was starved and now I've actually gained a couple back since I started eating the amount that I should be (around 1400 calories a day to lose 2 lbs a week, for me.)

Is it possible that your calorie intake was too low before and now your body is kinda re-adjusting and getting used to eating the proper amount? If so, it will level off and you'll start to lose again eventually, or at least that's what everyone here who has experienced this had told me ;).

A few other possibilities: drink more water and eat less salt, because your body might be having some mild edema (water retention) going on. If you're close to your T.O.M. that could do it too. I often gain up to 5 lbs right before my TOM that are magically gone a week later.
This discussion has been closed.