I fell off the wagon and it ran me over...

Options
In October I was at my lowest weight that I can remember since my early college years, 141. I couldn't break past the 140 plateau and got frustrated. Alot of things happened in November (most not good) and I pretty much threw in the towel--and here I sit now at 149 :( I start training in 2 weeks for my second half marathon and I haven't run since probably October--I know I'll pick it up and it won't take long to get into that groove of eating healthy and exercising...it seems when I am training I automatically eat better. I just can't believe I fell off the wagon after coming so far. I really just need some motivation and support to get past this hump and get back at it. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Don't you worry, you will be fine. We have probably all been there! Be proud of what you have accomplished and once you start training again, the lbs will come right back off!!
  • kbarker65
    kbarker65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The good thing about the wagon is, that if you let it, it slows down and you can hop right back on it. It sounds like training will be an excellent way for you to do this. Good luck.
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Where there is a will, there is a way.
    You took the first step of wanting to get back on the wagon after falling off (and getting run over :wink: )...and that is great!
    Smile, have a great day and know that you CAN do it :drinker:
    :flowerforyou: Teresa
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It also sounds like training will get you right back down there, and I've noticed that after slipping up for a bit, and then climbing back on board, I not only get to where I was but then surpass that aplenty! Good luck with your training I hope that goes well for you
  • LadyEss60
    LadyEss60 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration for how far you've got. So you fell off ... here you are ... ready to get right back on again. Running a marathon will surely get you back on the wagon. I look at what you've done and it inspires me to keep on going. Keep up the good work and good luck on your marathon.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Just an extra reminder to why you need to keep it up! WTG on your losses already, i am at 159 right now and can not wait to weight 149 :) So jump back on the wagon and feel good that you did gain more! Last winter i fell off and broke the wagon (LOL) and gained 15 pounds so i feel your pain. I resolve to never look like that again.
  • Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! :)