Two questions I need help with! =)

Options
So I have two questions I would like to get some suggestions on please!

#1. I dnt eat my exercise calories back, but i started the 30 DS today. Should I log it as a calorie, just to keep track? Or should i just mark it in my exercise notes?

#2. I finished level 1 day 1 about 20 minutes ago and i have already noticed my legs are going to pretend to be wet noodles. (I stretched for 20 minutes before doing the DVD because i was warned, and i have fibromyalgia) but i have a feeling this is going to suck... Should i just take a hot soak in the shower? or should i go for an easy walk? Honestly, im scared of the pain thats about to come. LOL!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :drinker: LOL

Anyone??
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    So I have two questions I would like to get some suggestions on please!

#1. I dnt eat my exercise calories back, but i started the 30 DS today. Should I log it as a calorie, just to keep track? Or should i just mark it in my exercise notes?

#2. I finished level 1 day 1 about 20 minutes ago and i have already noticed my legs are going to pretend to be wet noodles. (I stretched for 20 minutes before doing the DVD because i was warned, and i have fibromyalgia) but i have a feeling this is going to suck... Should i just take a hot soak in the shower? or should i go for an easy walk? Honestly, im scared of the pain thats about to come. LOL!

Thanks for the suggestions!

The best thing you can do is 15 minutes in the coldest shower you can stand. It's a cheaper way of doing a ice bath. If you can't stand that, which I've never lasted more than 1 minute. You can do an epsom salt bath in fairly warm water for 15-20 minutes followed by a couple of advil.
  • Justforme104
    Justforme104 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! The pain will pass, and it will be so worth it!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat your exercise calories back? If you've already accounted for exercise in your macros goals, then yes just log it as 1 calorie.

As for the soreness, when I didn't this program I was sore as hell. I just pushed through it. I found that it went away about 3-4 days into the program.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    You can do an Epsom salt bath in fairly warm water for 15-20 minutes followed by a couple of Advil. <<< Sound good to mee ..
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!! Ive done the espom salts and the advil.. bought some muscle rub today and im going to try the cold shower tomorrow.. I have a shower head with a long cord, and right now, its just the tops of my legs im having trouble with.. no where else, so i will use that on my legs! (i actually added in some additional workout with arms & abs today because i wasnt feeling that at all!) Thanks so much!

PS.. I dont eat my exercise calories back because thats the way I choose to do it. :wink:
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind spending a few bucks, try taking ZMA supplements. It's Zinc, Magnesium & Vitamin B-6. I take 1 or 2 on hard workout days, before I go to bed, and I really feel like it makes a difference-- if i forget to take them I notice I am more sore.

...Then aspirin if I am so achy I can't even fall asleep :P