Business Trip - FOOD!

Options
Hello fellow MFP-ers.

I am going on a business trip soon for 3 days and need your advice. I go on this trip each year and it is filled with TONS of wining and dining. I don't want to be that girl that sits there and eats a salad or only a couple bites on my plate. I work in a male dominated industry and try to fit in.

What kinds of advice can you give to a girl who wants to make a good impression with a bunch of high power CEOs?

Workout for 5 million hours in the morning at the hotel before I go out for the day?? Ha.

548355.png

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I also work in a male dominated industry and know how you feel. This is what I do:

-Workout at the gym in the hotel and if there isn't one, get up early in the morning and go for a run.
    -Bring oatmeal with me and heat up water in the coffee pot and eat that for breakfast.
    -Order fish or lean meats like chicken. Eat most of the protein and vegies and leave some of the carbs. ( There is an expecation that women shouldn't eat everythiing on their plate if you are "delicate" so it works out well.)
    -Drink the wine and the water. I drink most of the water and sip the wine. If there is good conversation no-one will notice you are still on your first glass.
    -Bring some healthy snacks for your hotel room. I tend to go back and snack at night since I don't really end up eating much with trying to be a part of the conversation.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You can eat regular foods, just stay away from white or creamy sauces, fried foods, etc. Order ckn, fish, etc. If dessert is ordered, order a fruit cup or something else lowfat or just have coffee instead. I go to many meetings that are male dominated and they don't even pay attention to my food choices and in fact many of them are health conscious as well. I don't order items such as fried calamari for an appetizer or clam chowder. If the restaurant is fancy, I might order shrimp cocktail or a salad. For entree, I might order a baked fish dinner or a teriyaki chicken with vegetables and a baked potato - butter and sourcream on the side so that I can have portion control. Only one glass of wine. Hope this helps....