How do I????

Options
2»

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Is it really necessary to stop eating something you love? I'm slowly learning that I can have some chocolate ice cream every day after my workouts and it even keeps me from having the crashing fatigue. Just keep it to moderate amounts. And yes, I also love that high cacao chocolate - really enjoying it at about 88%.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I like the sewing my mouth shut, but I'm afraid I'd lose my teaching position...so I'll have to look for an alternative solution.

I don't love chocolate at all, that's what's weird to me. I'm a chips (Cheetos) kinda guy. I do work it off daily and then some, so I have that going for me...which is nice.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Send it to:
    Count Cranky
    123 Crank Trail
    Crankpants USA
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Send it to:
    Count Cranky
    123 Crank Trail
    Crankpants USA

you know how much I love you already right
  • Porshiana
    Porshiana Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Protein. Trust me, try it. When you crave sweets, have protein instead. A couple boiled eggs, some milk, a chicken patty. Drink 16 ounces of water with it. Then wait 10 minute and you'll see it's become controllable.

When our pancreas needs protein, the signals it sends are accidentally interpreted as needing sugar.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    coachblt wrote: »
    For some reason, I'm going through a chocolate snack phase. Kit Kat's, Butterfingers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Rolo's...things like that. I've never been much of a chocolate eater but it's gotten a hold of me lately.

I'm not gaining weight but I'm not eating as healthy as I want to be either. Any suggestion on how to control or eliminate this craving?

Thanks!

Don't buy any and don't eat any. The craving will go away.

Wow! That's amazing. Thanks! :drinker:

I shouldn't eat it, I know, but I never buy it. It's always offered to me though. Free!!!!! and I like FREEEEEEEEE

Smile and say 'no thank you'
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    @Porshiana why are you digging up all the 4 and 5 year old threads??
  • Porshiana
    Options
    They are actually the ones at the top. I didn't notice that they weren't new.

I was a natural hypoglycemic as a child. Can't tell you how many times I passed out needing glucose. I went through a lot of therapy at U of M hospital. I was given a lot of information about, well, how to not pass out. And this was explained to me by that advanced team of doctors when I was about 14. I kept instant glucose on me. But I also kept jars of nuts or cheese to eat at the least sign.

Through all of that, they eventually did some experimentally minor surgeries. My sugar is now stable, I haven't passed out in years. But when I was that way, protein was life.
  • Porshiana
    Options
    The pancreas digests protein... That is its food. That's what the Pancreas runs on. Without enough protein it becomes sluggish and inaccurate.