I want to hear success stories... motivation

I am between 250-260 pounds and 38 weeks pregnant. I plan on starting my weight loss adventure of 100 pounds as soon as I am able to (when she comes) and I want to hear how other ladies did it. Please post pictures (before and after) and explain how you ate, what you did for an exercise plan, etc.

Thanks so much! I am in need of desperate motivation for afterwards.

Replies

• jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    I just had my baby girl 3 moths ago and need the motivation too...
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    I'M not at my goal weight yet but i'd say im almost there........
    but thats my advice........
    dont think of the big picture.....i am doing it in mini goals.
    goal 1 at the beginning was: 25 lbs.
    next goal was a total of 40..accomplished that.
    now im working on my 60 and will reevaluate when the time comes.

i am also following the south beach plan........hate the word diet ....i needed to cut down
    on my sugar intake.

this is the longest i have stuck with any plan and had the most success...
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    I am between 250-260 pounds and 38 weeks pregnant. I plan on starting my weight loss adventure of 100 pounds as soon as I am able to (when she comes) and I want to hear how other ladies did it. Please post pictures (before and after) and explain how you ate, what you did for an exercise plan, etc.

Thanks so much! I am in need of desperate motivation for afterwards.

this was me about 2.5 months after I started working out. I had lost 5-7 lbs, and I weighed in around 222lbs. Here is a link to my before picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/53944838@N05/7355961762/ for some reason it is not working today.

I was doing about 40-60 minutes of cardio 3-4x a week, and about 20-30 minutes of strength machines 3-4x a week. I tweaked my diet to eat a little lower carb than MFP says I should

this was taken about 2 months later, same outfit
    7355963344_c7a99ddd15_q.jpg
    IMG00549-20120608-0953 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I was going through my computer, and I found a picture from several years ago when I had been trying to lose weight. I lost about 11 pounds before our little group disbanded :( without a doubt, in the left picture I am no heavier than 199lbs, and no lighter than 188lbs. I am guessing around 195 or so...the right picture was taken just a few weeks ago, and I was 196lbs. I am wearing the exact same shirt in both pics. The pants started falling off me in March or April. I believe that the strength training I am doing is responsible for the trimmer look.

8213431311_eecd2df7b1.jpg
    gray top pics by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

my measurements currently are very very similar to what they were about 8 years ago when I was 175lbs.
  • oh I just love threads like this! can't wait to see results! good luck to beginners and congrats to people who've achieved success!!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    I agree with the poster who said mini goals. I started out at 240, 5'8" wearing a size 20. July 1st I started a 10 day vacation from work and I told myself I was going to walk everyday for a month just to prove to myself I could do something for a month. My daily walks turned into my daily motivational talk with myself. A couple days into it, I was talking myself into walking twice a day since the weather was so nice and the days were long. I promised myself I wouldn't weigh in until July 31 so I wouldn't lose the faith in what I was doing. At that time, it was more about finding a healthy pattern to live in rather than seeing the weight come off. My next goal was to weigh less than my husband, then a goal to be under 200 pounds by my birthday in October. Now I am working toward a weight goal for the end of the year.

For some reason that first month, changing my lifestyle just clicked. As far as my eating goes, I don't prescribe to a certain diet plan, I just know what my calorie goals are for the day and I stay within that. NO QUESTION! If I think I need to eat something that won't fit into those goals, then I know I have to work harder throughout the day to make up for whatever I am going to be eating. More elliptical, another walk, some other form of exercise. This way I don't feel slighted when everyone else is eating something that is on the naughty list. This actually has helped me to think, is what I am about to eat really worth it? 9 times of 10, it isn't!

As of December 1, I am down to 188lbs, size 14. It feels amazing. My walks turned into runs sometimes, I began to see exercising as a part of my daily life, food choices have become more routine. And it is only be 5 months. When I look back on it, it hasn't felt like an eternity, it just feels like my life now.

I never thought to take pictures at the beginning. But I look back at pictures from years past and I wonder, why didn't I see it sooner? Why didn't my husband say, "Babe, c'mon now, it's out of control" The difference in my face is huge, the difference in my energy level is huge, the difference is way worth whatever the sacrafice has been.

Good luck with your delivery, enjoy your new bundle, and make some mini goals, don't get frustrated if you don't see the numbers you want to see, adjust and move on. Stay with it and keep logging on to MFP. I swear for me checking the success stories everyday and seeing that people are doing it all over the world helps me to realize I can do it too.
  • I had my daughter 6 and a half months ago. She is my 4th child and final. I bought a treadmill a few months ago (which acts as a drying rack for clothes) and couldnt really get into it. My SIL told me about Jillian MIchaels Body Revolution. I have been at it now for 3 weeks and I cant remember the last time I felt this good. I am down almost 11 pounds, just from working out. I have lost a whole pants size and a shirt size. Tops that were tight on my arms are now really baggy. I HATED working out, but its 30 minutes a day and has almost become an addiction to me. I am not following her diet plane really but I am watching what I am eating and controlling my portions. The weight is melting off. If I can get up and do it...anyone can. She has a sight with unbelievable success stories, check it out and see what you think. Good Luck!
  • I always love reading the success stories on this website from all of the videos and the plans!
    It's great to read and see results!!!! :)
    We can all do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!