New VSGer Trying to Get On Track!

Options
My Intro...

I am a revisionista from Lap-Band to VSG. The big event took place on September 17th and I am on my way to getting healthy.

I was a lap-bander for 5 years. I lost 115 lbs. and managed to gain back 100 of those pounds with the lap-band. I had some issues with the lap-band, so I had to have it loosened. While it was loose, I went crazy eating all of the wrong things and the weight just crept back on to my belly and thighs! I made the decision to get the VSG to fix the lapband issues, but this time I made a promise to myself to do it right. That means...this time around I need to learn how to eat right and exersize (both were not on my agenda with the lap-band).

Now that I am back to a generally "normal" diet with the VSG, I have decided that it is now time to start managing my calories and exersize. This will keep me accountable for everything that I put in my mouth! Each bite counts...however...I must remember each Zumba class counts too!

I noticed that many VSGer's swear by myfitnesspal.com in the verticalsleevetalk.com forums, so I figured it is high time to get a crack-a-lackin and see what all of the hype is about. So far, this site is definitely living up to the high expectations that I had!

I already downloaded the mobile app and I am ready to go!

Can't wait to get acquainted with the myfitness pal community and get started with the next step of my journey. Step One: Get the VSG (Done!). Step 2: Learn how to eat right and get my body moving!

Ready, Set, Go!!!! ;0)