Two Years Progress Pics

Options
Yeah....two years. In the beginning the weight was coming off fast and I thought I'd reach my goal in no time. It wasn't that I was trying to lose it fast or anything, it just happened that way. Then around February of this year, my weight loss stalled. I believe it had a lot to do with the relationship I was in and the way it ended. (he beat the crap out of me) I was depressed for a while but then over this past summer I decided that it was take control of my life again. I know that most people skip the commentary so I'm going to post the pics and quit boring you lol.

The before pic below was taken in December 2009. You can't see my entire body but you can see enough of it. And like a lot of people, I don't have very many before pictures of me let alone pictures that show my body. In it I weighed 360 pounds.

2lvfgp4.jpg

The current picture below was taken today. For some reason either me or my phone are unable to take a picture in a mirror like most normal people can lol. But you can still get the idea :) In this pic I weigh 232ish.

or5s8l.jpg

I've gotten into a rut again so I'm hoping that if I look at these pictures long enough I'll see my progress and get motivated to get started again.

Replies

• Keltinator
    Options
    Great job so far. There is a huge difference in your face! You're on the right track, so keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    your doing great!!! it took me about 3 years to get my weight off off!! keep up the good work!!!
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can tell the difference great job keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    thanks y'all!
  • monikaguenther
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!

GREAT JOB!!!
    This is so inspiring to me to help me as well. :)
    You are doing a very great job. Keep up the good work. ♥
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You look great dear! Don't give up!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Amazing, amazing progress AND you've kept it off for three years - that's beating the odds, it means you are one of the very few winners in the weight loss game. The 3 year re-gain statistic is something in the realm of 95%!

You're an inspiration. Please keep it up and keep posting us pics!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    thanks so much! I am proud of myself for keeping it off and not gaining any of it back.
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! Someone posted these words in their success story that I read a couple days ago (I can't remember their screen name or I'd give them proper credit...but I digress) and they really resonated with me:

"If I keep moving one small pebble at a time eventually I will have moved a mountain."

So keep on keepin' on and eventually you will reach your goal. We will be here to cheer you on every step of the way! You are an inspiration!
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I think this is quite the inspiration..Keep it up!!! You look completely different and can definitely see the progress..
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    Thanks y'all! Today has been a very productive day already and I'm feeling better about reaching my goal.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats! I started at 338, and am now 226, and it is going MUCH slower!! Frustrating, but we WILL get there!
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Pictures are the best motivation if you ask me! Keep it up!
  • reree6898
    reree6898 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Very motivating to me, I started at around 361 ish and now have lost right at 70 lbs. Still have a long way to go but it is good to see how far others have come and those who are keeping it off! Best of luck to you! :)
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) you look great.
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    First of all I want to give you a hug for all you have been through. You look great to me, keep up going no matter what life tosses at you.
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss and keeping it off is wonderful. In addition to the personal weight loss, it seems that you have grown. I would guess dumping the abusive ex may be a NSV. Realizing that you are worth so much more than a significant other that is abusive, is awesome. Now pick a new short term goal. Eating well for 3 weeks, completing 30 day shred. Pick something and then get going. You can do it. Do it for the skinny girl inside of you. We all know that you can do it.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! You are doing great!!! Keep it up and keep pushing forward!! You are SOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!