47 pounds gone and never coming back! (PICS!)

Options

Replies

• oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look so pretty in your dress (tear) :-)
  • HananYako30
    HananYako30 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WOW, Congratulations
  • MrsMelitta
    MrsMelitta Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    U LOOK FANTASTIC!! SUCH AN INSPIRATION FOR ME! THX! :D
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    This story made me smile... I love how you broke it down and was really authentic! Congrats you look amazing!
  • Medeiros12
    Medeiros12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your encouragement! You look beautiful and I am glad that your feeling much healthier "inside". I fell off track around Halloween but am back in full swing :) Good luck on your engagement/marriage.

-Dawn
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • aorech
    aorech Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Congrats on the hard work and dedication and NOT GIVING UP when you were frustrated and stuck You worked around it and you found what worked for you! You are going to be a BEAUTIFUL fit and healthy bride!
  • xcarinarx
    xcarinarx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW you look amazing! Love the wedding dress shot! This is very inspiring for me. I recently had a wedding dress fitting and discovered that although a size 14, the dress does not fit me. I need to fit into this sucker by June 15, 2013. You are such an inspiration! Thanks for posting your story!
  • Infauna
    Options
    Aww, you look amazing!
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great story. I think it will help many of us who make assumptions that people who are successful in losing weight did it with no set backs or hurdles. Reading how you overcame those times is an inspiration to many. Congrats on your success and you look fantastic in that wedding dress!!!:happy:
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Question? during your weight loss journey how close did you follow your plan on mfp....I'm just curious .....I'm trying to bang it in my head no cheat days just moderation if the treat is within the calories then ok but if not dont bother ....i'm trying to tell myself these things .....i cant be mad at the scale because i am the one putting the food in my mouth ......i'm so excited for you sorry i started blah blahing about myself

I'm happy to offer my personal opinion. But you know what they say about opinions, they're like *kitten*, everyone's got one. Anyways, I followed as close as I could. If I was within 100 calories either way, I called it an even day. For the first month, I think it's important to really change the way you eat, so that when you crave a McChicken, and finally have one, you get so sick you don't want one again. Or if you want an entire bowl of cookie dough, you realize it doesn't taste as good coming up as it does going down. (I'm speaking from experience here). You cannot expect yourself to be perfect. Because this is not a perfect process.

I also know I have certain foods I just can't have. For example. Oreos. I can't have a serving of them, I eat the whole package. So I don't have them, I don't put them in my house, and I don't even bother. Identify what those foods are for you, and replace them with something awesome and healthier.

I've also learned to bring a veggie platter with me where ever I go. LOL I hope this helps.

Yes it does ....I have a bad habit of not recording my weekend meals and of course most of it is out of control .....but i'm trying to focus on recording everything no matter if I am way way over my goal for the day ......I am making myself face my food issues its recorded it actually happened .....Thank you for the info ....opinions are like *kitten* but i asked for your personal experience so your good ..... HAHAHA!! veggie platter sounds like a plan becuase i got some cookie dough for christmas party on sunday and i have already eaten half of it :frown:
    Edited by brassballa on Tue 12/04/12 11:16 AM
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look beautiful in your wedding dress!
  • vvadell
    Options
    WOW! Congrats... Definitely an inspiration! I just started this 3 days ago... and feel good already!
  • laurainparis
    laurainparis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful lady in a beautiful wedding gown! (Seriously, I love that dress). Great job!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What a great story?!?! Thanks for sharing. You look great!
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    great story, thanks for sharing... ps, I love the "wing boobs" LOL... Never heard of them put that way... Thinking about myself...HAHA is that what I have, LOL!!!
  • mayerrocks
    mayerrocks Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!! Good for you, and many thanks for sharing!!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Question? during your weight loss journey how close did you follow your plan on mfp....I'm just curious .....I'm trying to bang it in my head no cheat days just moderation if the treat is within the calories then ok but if not dont bother ....i'm trying to tell myself these things .....i cant be mad at the scale because i am the one putting the food in my mouth ......i'm so excited for you sorry i started blah blahing about myself

I'm happy to offer my personal opinion. But you know what they say about opinions, they're like *kitten*, everyone's got one. Anyways, I followed as close as I could. If I was within 100 calories either way, I called it an even day. For the first month, I think it's important to really change the way you eat, so that when you crave a McChicken, and finally have one, you get so sick you don't want one again. Or if you want an entire bowl of cookie dough, you realize it doesn't taste as good coming up as it does going down. (I'm speaking from experience here). You cannot expect yourself to be perfect. Because this is not a perfect process.

I also know I have certain foods I just can't have. For example. Oreos. I can't have a serving of them, I eat the whole package. So I don't have them, I don't put them in my house, and I don't even bother. Identify what those foods are for you, and replace them with something awesome and healthier.

I've also learned to bring a veggie platter with me where ever I go. LOL I hope this helps.

Yes it does ....I have a bad habit of not recording my weekend meals and of course most of it is out of control .....but i'm trying to focus on recording everything no matter if I am way way over my goal for the day ......I am making myself face my food issues its recorded it actually happened .....Thank you for the info ....opinions are like *kitten* but i asked for your personal experience so your good ..... HAHAHA!! veggie platter sounds like a plan becuase i got some cookie dough for christmas party on sunday and i have already eaten half of it :frown:
    Edited by brassballa on Tue 12/04/12 11:16 AM

log it before you eat it. It makes you REALLY think about what you are about to do to yourself. If you still really want it, take a bite. and WAIT. Do you still really need another bite? Ok. take it. then WAIT. See the pattern? EVERY SINGLE BITE you take is a new food decision. there is no need to wait till tomorrow, or the next meal. Start RIGHT NOW.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!