Drinking Beer/Alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ok so my question is is it ok to drink beer on days I have extra calories? I enjoy having a beer or two on some evenings, but I have heard that its not good for you while you are trying to lose weight, because of the carbs in it and that it has no nutrients. But when I have had a good eating day sometimes I just want a beer! :) A friend of mine who is an Herbalife consultant told me that drinking a beer at the end of day is equivalent to ruining my whole day, but I just can't see that since I had the extra calories anyway. So what does everyone think?

YES! You are NOT "ruining" your day to have a beer or an ice cream cone or whatever you fit into your dietary goals.
  • gboybama
    gboybama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I get a huge craft beer binge in once a week and maybe dabble on one other day. I'm still losing, but not as fast as if I never drank.

Check out my log for last Saturday's SEC Championship Game party. Around 5000 epic calories. Roll Tide.

But, I don't think alcohol hurts the diet beyond that caloric impact of the weekly calorie average. If we're just talking about substituting some calories and you're right back on the diet horse the following day, what's the big deal?

On the other hand, if drinking causes you to go for scattered, smothered and covered at Waffle House as well, that would be a problem. :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ok so my question is is it ok to drink beer on days I have extra calories? I enjoy having a beer or two on some evenings, but I have heard that its not good for you while you are trying to lose weight, because of the carbs in it and that it has no nutrients. But when I have had a good eating day sometimes I just want a beer! :) A friend of mine who is an Herbalife consultant told me that drinking a beer at the end of day is equivalent to ruining my whole day, but I just can't see that since I had the extra calories anyway. So what does everyone think?
    A beer has about the same carbs as a piece of bread. A glass of wine has about 3 grams.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    The only marathon I even dream about ever entering. I'm just not sure that the hangover and fatigue would mix so well.

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/runners-high-running-the-bordeaux-marathon