OMG, I am soooo exhausted.

Options
I just need to vent a bit. My hubby has been in China since last Friday and won't be back until next week and being a single mom is just not my cup of tea. I commend all of you out there who do it on a daily basis!!! I am just worn out. I have two kids and both of them have had at least one activity every day this week, if not more. AND we have a puppy that you have to watch constantly unless he is in his crate. I also don't sleep as well when hubby is gone. I am a night owl by nature and when he is gone I stay up even later and with the time change...can I just FALL over!?!?! I spent 3.5 hours at the gym today and finished up with a body toning class; I think the instructor was trying to kill me!! I can hardly move! And to top it all off, I have a husband that does A LOT around the house to help me out...including ALL the laundry and picking up kids from various activities so I am not in the car until all hours of the night. I have the laundry caught up but the rest of my house looks like a tornado came through it.

:sad: :sad: :sad: Wah, wah, wah. Okay I feel better now that I got it all out. I Love wine and I try to just not buy any b/c I like it so much and it is fattening, but tonight I would have killed for a bottle. Kids are in bed and they are not old enough to leave alone so running out to the store was not an option so I broke out a bottle of champagne given to my hubby by his boss at Christmas. Either I am really stressed out or this is a really good bottle of bubbly, b/c it is so good...worth every dang calorie in it!! I even broke out the cystal champagne flute that was a wedding gift (12 years ago) and sadly, it still has the "waterford" sticker and barcode on the bottom! That should tell you how often I drink champagne!

Single moms and/or dads, I have a newfound respect for you b/c my 7 days as a single mom have kicked my butt. I am ready for my hubby to come home!!

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I just need to vent a bit. My hubby has been in China since last Friday and won't be back until next week and being a single mom is just not my cup of tea. I commend all of you out there who do it on a daily basis!!! I am just worn out. I have two kids and both of them have had at least one activity every day this week, if not more. AND we have a puppy that you have to watch constantly unless he is in his crate. I also don't sleep as well when hubby is gone. I am a night owl by nature and when he is gone I stay up even later and with the time change...can I just FALL over!?!?! I spent 3.5 hours at the gym today and finished up with a body toning class; I think the instructor was trying to kill me!! I can hardly move! And to top it all off, I have a husband that does A LOT around the house to help me out...including ALL the laundry and picking up kids from various activities so I am not in the car until all hours of the night. I have the laundry caught up but the rest of my house looks like a tornado came through it.

:sad: :sad: :sad: Wah, wah, wah. Okay I feel better now that I got it all out. I Love wine and I try to just not buy any b/c I like it so much and it is fattening, but tonight I would have killed for a bottle. Kids are in bed and they are not old enough to leave alone so running out to the store was not an option so I broke out a bottle of champagne given to my hubby by his boss at Christmas. Either I am really stressed out or this is a really good bottle of bubbly, b/c it is so good...worth every dang calorie in it!! I even broke out the cystal champagne flute that was a wedding gift (12 years ago) and sadly, it still has the "waterford" sticker and barcode on the bottom! That should tell you how often I drink champagne!

Single moms and/or dads, I have a newfound respect for you b/c my 7 days as a single mom have kicked my butt. I am ready for my hubby to come home!!
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Hang in there!!!

Hopefully hubby will be home soon and you can appreciate what a wonderful man you have.

My hat is off to all the single moms and dads out there. I've never had to do it on a permanent basis but I've done plenty of it on a part-time basis when hubby was traveling. It's a tough job!

Enjoy your down time while you can.

:flowerforyou:
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My husband traveled a lot when our kids were young - so much so that we ended up moving to Singapore to live to cut down on his travel. It's hard when the children are young - but hang in there. It helps to have friends to count on in a pinch, or just to invite over for a little adult conversation. Don't worry so much about getting everything done, it will always be there, but you and you family will be better off if your not so stressed. Loved the champagne idea - that's the spirit!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Loved the champagne idea - that's the spirit!!

Sometimes you just need to let loose. So now that I have knocked two glasses down I think I can fall asleep with no problem!!:drinker:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am sorry your going through a rough time, when my husband (the divorce will be final in june) would go away on deployment I actually really enjoyed it. I am active duty as well so I have been used to playing the active role as single mom, since my son has been born I have been blessed with assignments and billets that have kepted me on the homefront. So I can understand being alittle stressed..... Is there anyone that can watch the kids so you can have a mommy alone hour or so to yourself? keep your head up dear I am sure it will get better. Look at it on the bright side they are giving you good exercise lol