ADD ME!!

Options
I am a junk food lover. Anything full of fat, carbs, or sugar is a weakness of mine. I am determined to break the cycle and I have about 25 lbs to lose but i need some new friends to help support me in my journey!

Replies

• maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    you got the spirit, you just need to stick to it, btw junk food is not bad, u can eat it if it fits in your calories, check iifym ( flexible dieting ) because the whole basic for losing weight is calorie in and calorie out and some workout so stay motivated
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    and for all the folks please add me up
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the food thing...the more unhealthy, the better! I've got to say that like maqsmj, I do fit some junk food into my diary (I've got a chocolate cupboard at home, lol!). I just make sure it fits in with my daily calorie limit and try to shove some fruits and veggies in every day. Feel free to add me!
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    May I suggest, put a picture of yourself that you dislike the most on fridge door and pantry. Every time you reach for food you will be reminded of how you will look if you continue eating what you have been eating. That should slow you down.

p.s. you should not keep food that you should not eat at home to start with. But it is almost impossible if we have family living with us.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    anyone can add me if you want.
    re; junk food
    2 ways to deal w/it. either figure out the calories & eat small (very small ) portions so it fits w/in the guidelines OR (this sucks ) give it up for a few weeks. I find the flavor is a lot like addicting & once I break the habit I can use it as a treat SOMETIMES rather than a dietary staple. I HATE IT WHEN SOMETHING WORKS!

also I find a time when I eat mindlessly to plan my heavy veg eating. eg. I can eat at my desk so I work out lightly at lunch then come back & eat a big pile of spinach, baby tomatoes & baby peppers. eating mindlessly I can do it & then at least I have my healthy calories in &soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fiber i'm not AS hungry come dinner time. and. really, almost the worst thing about fast food is that a person eats that instead of real food. if you at least get your real food eaten in addition to healthy food, I tell myself its not as bad. thats probably bad reasoning like broken cookies have no calories but at least I get my veggies in.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, you all can add me.