ladies that time of month

Options
hi ladies i've been a member of mfp for a little while now but i did not really change my diet and start losing weight until about six weeks ago. i lost 11 pounds i know it's slow but i'm happy. any way how do you guys deal with the gravings durning that time of month? i don't know about you guys but my gravings are strong durning that time and i have giving in a few times this month.

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    *cravings

I guess some women get them and some don't. I just hold onto water like a mofo during that week and ovulation week so I have two weeks a month where I might see a change on the scale.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I remember that what I am feeling is hormonal and not actually hunger. I use it as an opportunity to teach myself something about saying no to things which are not actual physical hunger. (BTW, big lesson for me includes understanding that if I want Pop-Tarts it's probably not actually hunger. LOL)
  • btracy01
    Options
    If you want chocolate, try getting a bag of hersheys kisses. that way if you want chocolate, give yourself enough room for 1 or 2 in your diet, they only have 20ish calories each. so you're still getting your chocolate but still being good. If you want something salty, try pretzels, low fat, low cal, yummy. or even just leaving enough room in your diet for a tablespoon of peanut butter. everyone loves peanut butter. unless you're allergic... then nevermind :D. hope this helps!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Oh and 11 pounds in six weeks is fantastic. I've lost 11 in the last 12 weeks. I just remind myself it's not a race this is a long term thing.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    hi ladies i've been a member of mfp for a little while now but i did not really change my diet and start losing weight until about six weeks ago. i lost 11 pounds i know it's slow but i'm happy. any way how do you guys deal with the gravings durning that time of month? i don't know about you guys but my gravings are strong durning that time and i have giving in a few times this month.

I mainly crave exotic fruits during my menses. I agree with the suggestion@Hersheys Kisses. Try choosing your favourite chocolate - only pre-portioned. Limit yourself to one. When I want chocolate, I will drink a heavily watered down hot cocoa (unsweetened) which usually does the trick for me.

If and when I'm able, I prefer to eat and drink carob over chocolate. Similar flavour profile for less calories.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oikos Greek yogitt in honey flavor... its a lifesaver.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! Payday, right?? I love to go out and buy stuff on Amazon and Groupon and then go to the mall because if I don't treat myself then who will? I love PAYDAY!

What are we talking about again?
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with giving into cravings a little if you work them into your calories and measure them out so you don't go over board!!!
  • etynda6116
    Options
    I usually crave chocolate. I eat hershey kisses or I have pretzels dipped in peanut butter. :-) So good and yummy. Also my friend just started me on pretzels and pudding (chocolate) another great combo. I always want to eat more at that time because it just helps everything but yea I still watch my cals and also take cramp medicine if needed.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! Payday, right?? I love to go out and buy stuff on Amazon and Groupon and then go to the mall because if I don't treat myself then who will? I love PAYDAY!

What are we talking about again?

Visa takes all my money durning that time of the month. :angry:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't think I get cravings...? My periods are horrific though. Yuck. I hate my vagina sometimes. Lol.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think I get cravings...? My periods are horrific though. Yuck. I hate my vagina sometimes. Lol.

You should be blaming your uterus and ovaries, really. Your vagina is as much of a victim as anyone.
  • mk_hammer
    Options
    I usually allow myself to have treats when I want them; I just allow for them in my day. The Hershey's Kisses suggestion is a great one--I have been eating Dove Promises or Ghirardelli squares after dinner, and I find that a piece or two really satisfies my sweet tooth!

And, during the day at the office, I just STAY AWAY from the vending machine. I actually make sure I don't have change on me so I won't go there. I bring my own snacks to avoid temptation. Often a piece of fruit (like a small apple) satisfies whatever craving I'm having.

I've been losing weight for a while (lost about 50 lbs before MFP), and I usually post a gain or no loss during the week of my period. It's just water weight that comes off in the next week, but it was frustrating at first!
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You should be blaming your uterus and ovaries, really. Your vagina is as much of a victim as anyone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I don't fight them, I leave room in my calories and I have a piece of chocolate! If we all crave it at TOM, there's gotta be a reason for it. Who am I to go against mother nature!!