meal calendar

tishaberry
tishaberry Posts: 13
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
okay, i am such a dork :p haha.....i made a 2 month meal calendar for february and march.....it has what i'm making for supper every night.....i'm hoping this will really help me w/ sticking to my diet and maybe cut down on our grocery bill too.....at least now i know what to put on my grocery list, i have a plan, so no buying things unnecessarily....and i'll know the night before what i'm making the next day so i can go ahead and put the chicken or turkey or whatever in the fridge to start defrosting.....and no more fend for yourself nights when DH and I eat whatever we can find that is quick and easy and usually not as healthy.....i incorporated a day or 2 each month for leftovers, those are usually days that i have an exam at school (4 hour round trip) or an appointment that is going to run late.....the problem i had w/ making the meal calendar was that i started feeling like i was making the same things over and over and over again.....i tried to have fish 1-2 nights a week, chicken 1-2 nights a week, turkey 1-2 nights a week, and then something fun and healthy for saturday or sunday, like homemade veggie pizzas made on flat out wraps or taco salad w/o the tortilla chips.....anyone have any good healthy recipes / meal ideas i can incorporate into my april/may meal calendar?

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Good for you. Way to work the program perfectly!! I will send you some recipes. Christine
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    How about some homemade vegi soups or crockpot meals?
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    One of my favorite things, and its pretty quick, is to make a chopped salad with whatever type of lettuce and some veggies, and i always have mushrooms and onions so I sautee those in worcestershire and then after they are done in the same pan I do a quick egg over easy. Add the mushrooms and onions to the salad and mix that all together with some pepper, maybe some lime juice (or lemon) and then lay the egg over top, break the yoke on the salad. Its so good, packed with vitamins and protein, and very easy. Estimated calories: 175, maybe 200 depending on your veggies.
This discussion has been closed.