Hey Everyone!

My name is Jennifer. I am a wife and a mother of 2 year old twins (boy/girl). I have about 55 lbs I would like to lose. My weight has fluctuated since my early 20s. I hope that I can make lifestyle changes to lose it and keep it off. I thought I had already made good eating choices today, however once I got my food items entered in here-I only have 185 cals left for the day.....

Replies

• hjbkmb05
    hjbkmb05 Posts: 8 Member
    My name is Jennifer. I am a wife and a mother of 2 year old twins (boy/girl). I have about 55 lbs I would like to lose. My weight has fluctuated since my early 20s. I hope that I can make lifestyle changes to lose it and keep it off. I thought I had already made good eating choices today, however once I got my food items entered in here-I only have 185 cals left for the day.....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    hjbkmb05,

Welcome ! You can do this ! You'll find every kind of information here. We all wish you Success.

Those "leftovers" in the food diary have taught me that I eat lots of protein. Not from meat, though - from vegetables and soy.

You'll find that you are better able to plan your distribution of calories / fat / carbs / protein once you have entered in your favorites and are able to pre-plan a little. It took me about a week to learn the best combinations and I find that a good 300 calorie breakfast goes a long way if you exercise early in the day. I try to make lunch a meal higher in protein, and have a good hi-carb snack before a workout (for energy.) Then dinner I eat mostly vegetables, or sometimes add a small amount of whole wheat pasta or brown rice.

cm
  • Good Afternoon, I just started this program yesterday. I have never counted calories before, I have always been a carbohydrate counter. This is so new and challanging. I think about food all day long. Hope this works for both of us!!! Good luck!!
  • Welcome!
    I just started using this site four days ago and have already lost 1 lb. If you are honest and really put all of your food into the tracker, don't go above the max calories, and get at least a little excersice every day, you will see results. Now I only have 49 more lbs to go!

Mia