I did a 10k

Options
I did one of the couch to 10k runs and for the first time walked/ran 10k. Took 70 mins and did it on a treadmill but am so pleased! It
Burned 525 calories and was quite rough in places but feel so great now. Thinking about entering a 10k fun run in the summer:)

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Great job. It does feel good to move for over an hour. I always get a lot of eneregy from it.
  • Ladybug610
    Ladybug610 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!! Congrats! You must feel on top of the world!!! I hit 2 miles on the treadmill for the first time ever the other day and want to tell everyone at the gym LOL!!!!

Congrats!!!! Keep it up! You'll surprise yourself!
  • Ladybug610
    Ladybug610 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    oops, posted twice DOH!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! How exciting!!! :drinker:
  • jscott16
    Options
    That's fantastic! And you will really enjoy the one in the summer as all of the distractions of sights and people's enthusiasm take your mind off the rough spots - :smile:
  • dasmith01
    dasmith01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's some motivation!
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    Good for you!! Thats GREAT! I plan on running my first 5k w/ my sister this spring & I mean RUN, no walking :bigsmile: Hope I can pull it off! Thanks for the inspiration!! :heart:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I bow before your awesomeness! Great job :)
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    Congrats!!! :) That's awesome!
  • xchrysalisx
    Options
    I'm taking part in a 10K run/walk in April for the Heart & Stroke Foundation. There is no way i'll be running it .. LOL ... but i still look forward to walking it. It'll be a huge accomplishment for me and it's a great cause.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous! I'm hoping to do a 5K this summer- I'm planning on starting the c25K as soon as it gets decent outside (and lighter in the morning).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!