need a GOOD workout bra...

Options
:wink: So I wear a 38 DD and can not find a good workout bra. I am an avid horseback rider and workout 5 X per week as well. I end up wearing 2 bra's and have for several years! Any suggestions???

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Enell.

Sold by Title Nine sports (an excellent online sales company with a great return policy) and some retailers. Title Nine calls it "the last resort" bra.

Life changing. Seriously.

(I don't work for TN or Enell).:flowerforyou:
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna have to check this out too! i SO need one!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to say. In all fairness, the Enell is expensive as hell, so be prepared for some sticker shock.

I wasted 20-40 dollars at a time for years on useless sports bras. (probably hundreds of dollars) I once thought I could never jump or run. Now I do everything. It must be like what not having breasts is like.
  • NaiLo
    NaiLo Posts: 39
    Options
    She is right! Enell All the way, it has seriously changed how I get ready for a workout..I used to hate putting on two bra's..worrying about the rubbing, its a fantastic bra (and Im pretty sure the contestants on the biggest loser use them as well)
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Two things...

First, those look like really nice bras.

Second, the girl in the video on how to measure has fake boobs, not knocking them, they are nice boobs, but why does she have to grab them and pull them into place???

I am a big girl with big girls and I never have to pull mine into place, just curious...

Is that what you have to do b/c the silicone is stiff, like I said, just curious.

And, if you have man made boobs, pls do not get offended, I am not judging, so pls do not chew me out...
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    In that bra, you do have to "pull the girls into place", because it's a compression bra. So, um. . .the girls end up cross-eyed if you don't. I'm not referring specifically to the video I haven't seen.

Mine are real, it's just the nature of the bra, very different from anything else out there.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    lidapi : You crack me up! I'm curious about that too! As for good sports bras, I have struggled to find one also, even though I wear an average size. I ordered several bras from Title Nine with very high hopes...and had to return all of them. One caused such terrible chaffing during a long run that I still have a scar from it! I was very disappointed. However, their customer service and return policies were fantastic. I hope you have a better experience with the Enell. That is one I did not try. Good luck!
  • moniquerobyn
    Options
    You should move the girls into the right place in all your bras, it makes the tissue lay properly in the bra and, like viviakay said, they will be "cross-eyed" if you don't. As a lingerie fitter, I would suggest you make sure that is the correct size before spending the dough on any bras, let alone a good sport bra. I personally love the sport bra Natori makes. :)
  • werodeo
    Options
    Thank you...I am going to order one, asap!
  • Beautifylgirl
    Beautifylgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Enell Sports bras are the BEST! You may be sticker shocked but it is well worth it. I've had mine for almost 6 years and it still works well. Best investment I've made for a bra ever.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am a 36DD and I love the bra by Champion. The straps are actually adjusted by velcro. It is very comfortable and affordable. I just wore mine tonight in a 5k in Myrtle Beach and it truly supported my big boobs on a semi small frame lol
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I have found the Enell the best for riding horse, running, aerobics, kickboxing, riding the lawn mower, and riding across fields in any vehicle. When mentioned above about putting them in there position it is true! I was shown by the maker herself "Ranelle Braaten" how to put one on. It is best to put the bra on then lie on your back on a bed/floor, hook it up in the front and then stand. That is when they are in place and well supported! I have owned numerous of these in the last 8 years! I once wore a 36 D now a 34/36 C and I will not where any other sports bra. I use to where a regular underwire with a tight pull over your head type sports bra, it was so confining that after being sweaty trying to get it off would about dislocate my shoulders! These bras run 36 to 50 dollars and should be hand washed and AIR dried only! I wish you a bounce free workout, whatever it may be!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You an Enell bras on Ebay for like $35.00. I just got mine in the mail today and everyone is right.....I can jump up and down and nothing moves. I can't wait to wear it running. When I got my implants it made running not so enjoyable but I think this is going to work AWESOME.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bump....or should I say bounce? I seriously need to order one of these Enell's that everyone is talking about!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Okay....so I took the enell out for it's maiden voyage this morning while I did C25k and it worked pretty freaking good. I'm pleased. I'm a 36D and nothing bounced around at all. A+!
  • xonophone
    Options
    OK, I got my first ENELL in the mail yesterday and wore it for a high-impact class with lots of plyometrics. The girls did not bounce once! I have to admit it was a little uncomfortable when I first put it on, especially when I added the chest strap from my HRM. In fact it is so tight that I cannot afford to gain back any of the weight I just lost if I hope to keep wearing it! I bought a size 1 but I have a feeling I'm "between" sizes, and the size 2 might be a little too big. But by the end of the class I was more concerned with how my calves were feeling than anything else!

I'm actually considering buying a few more in the larger size for everyday use because I LOVEthe anti-gravity effect of the bra! The girls were high and proud, just like they used to be :):bigsmile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    TOALLY know what you mean about the whole chest strap thing! I've decided to un-hook the last two eyelets on the bottom band to fit my chest strap a little easier. Running was a little rough the first time I wore it.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I find that if I put on my chest strap first, then put the bra on (rather than try to stuff the strap up in) it is a little more comfortable. I think the chest strap ends up a little higher than it would with a standard bra.

Just in case you haven't tried it that way.:wink: HTH.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    So today on my run I unhooked the last two to make room for the strap. FELT WAAAAAY BETTER and didn't affect the effectiveness of the bra at all. I'm pumped.
  • xonophone
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I will try both of them and see how it goes.