Sound like a healthy/clean diet?

Options
With the exception of a little something here and there, of course...

Breakfast is typically healthy whole grain cereal with skim milk and some fruit, like strawberries and bananas, or toast with peanut butter on whole grain bread

Lunch is generally omelets with vegetables, or a salad with 4 -5 different veggies, some sort of meat and maybe some fruit

Dinner is a salad with chicken, and some almonds

I drink a lot of water, and I drink some green tea, no sugar added.

Replies

• mariku_king
    Options
    bumpp
  • mariku_king
    Options
    anyone?
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    no offense but its sounds Boring. I would get tired of it very quickly.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old eats more than that
  • mariku_king
    Options
    My 7 year old eats more than that

That's nice. I eat enough for me. I get my 1600 calories. That's what counts.
  • deadbambi
    Options

me toooo
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's healthy/clean, but it doesn't sound like enough food. It would depend on portions...but that EVERY day is pretty impossible. You need to be flexible and find things that fit into daily life when those options aren't around. Concentrate more on getting the proper nutrition than obsessing about what is clean/healthy. You need something you can stick with long term because this isn't something you do for short period of time until you reach a goal.

We'd need to know how much you were working out and what your stats are before really giving an appropriate answer. And if you are struggling with what you SHOULD be eating I suggest consulting a nutritionalist...professionals will ALWAYS be better than MFP followers!
  • mariku_king
    Options

This stuff tastes good to me, I can eat it. Not literally every day, I do change it up some but that's roughly the type of stuff I eat. Not really answering my question.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It sounds clean, but you could try for more variety in your diet. Also, make sure you're eating enough. Clean eating doesn't mean starving yourself or getting bored with repetitive food choices.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    Yes, it's healthy/clean, but it doesn't sound like enough food. It would depend on portions...but that EVERY day is pretty impossible. You need to be flexible and find things that fit into daily life when those options aren't around. Concentrate more on getting the proper nutrition than obsessing about what is clean/healthy. You need something you can stick with long term because this isn't something you do for short period of time until you reach a goal.

We'd need to know how much you were working out and what your stats are before really giving an appropriate answer. And if you are struggling with what you SHOULD be eating I suggest consulting a nutritionalist...professionals will ALWAYS be better than MFP followers!

The servings are probably larger than you people are guessing because I get my 1600 calories per day. I do change it up a little, in some different ways. I do eat different nuts, or do different things with my omelets and salads, or different types of fruits and cereal. This is just a general idea.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You haven't given any quantities or detail. A salad could be anything from the equivalent of one serving to the equivalent of five servings - are you having a balance of all the colour groups including blue/ purple and concentrating on bright/ dark varieties? Sounds potentially low in calories, carbs or fat depending on portion sizes. I don't see oily fish for long chain omega-3s nor likely enough mineral rich foods but again that depends on portion sizes - consider your calcium and magnesium intake particularly.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    it sounds good to me....
    I enjoy eating the same thing every day as i like routine.

I do change what i eat every now and then but i usually stick to the same thing
  • mariku_king
    Options
    It sounds clean, but you could try for more variety in your diet. Also, make sure you're eating enough. Clean eating doesn't mean starving yourself or getting bored with repetitive food choices.

Yes, I understand that. I'm getting my 1600 calories a day. I do change it up, this is just the general idea. I do vary my chicken, fruits, vegetables, things like that. Some days I may eat tuna instead of omelets or something. I do add some variety.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    it sounds good to me....
    I enjoy eating the same thing every day as i like routine.

I do change what i eat every now and then but i usually stick to the same thing

Thank you. I stick to the same kind of foods because I like routine also. Some things will vary, but generally it stays roughly the same and I don't mind it at all.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    You haven't given any quantities or detail. A salad could be anything from the equivalent of one serving to the equivalent of five servings - are you having a balance of all the colour groups including blue/ purple and concentrating on bright/ dark varieties? Sounds potentially low in calories, carbs or fat depending on portion sizes. I don't see oily fish for long chain omega-3s nor likely enough mineral rich foods but again that depends on portion sizes - consider your calcium and magnesium intake particularly.

I get 1600 calories a day, sometimes more. It is not low on calories.
  • mariku_king
    Options

me toooo

Hmm. I like routine. I do change it up once in a while but I don't care for variety. I'm strange lol
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like 1600 calories. I'd say it's under 1200.

You need to ask yourself if you can do this EVERY day, FOREVER. And I'm pretty sure that answer will be no. Learning to put a bit of variety in your diet will help long term.

And if you really wanted advice you can't get offended when people question your decisions. Please don't get offensive when people are trying to help.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    It would be healthy for me EXCEPT the breakfast, and I eat a lot more with lots of healthy fats added in.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    OP you sound ridiculously stand-off-ish for someone who asked for opinions and is getting them.
    You don't have to get so defensive over everyone's opinions.
    You didn't give very many details, so yea, how are we supposed to know your portions?
    You COULD be eating salad covered in ranch dressing and bacon bits for all we know (I said COULD, I didn't say you were...before you get all defensive)
    Thats excellent that you're getting your 1600 calories, and all the food you listed is clean, but without variety most people get bored and end up binging. If that isn't the case for you, then that's great! But why post this question if you don't want to hear people's opinions...
    Bit odd, that's all.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    That doesn't sound like 1600 calories. I'd say it's under 1200.

You need to ask yourself if you can do this EVERY day, FOREVER. And I'm pretty sure that answer will be no. Learning to put a bit of variety in your diet will help long term.

And if you really wanted advice you can't get offended when people question your decisions. Please don't get offensive when people are trying to help.

I used to have a different account on here, (forgot my info though) and I would log basically this diet and it would come up around 1600 calories.
    Like I said, I do change it a bit. It's just a rough idea. And I'm not offended, I'm just trying to explain things to people that I forgot to mention in the original post.