do i look too thin at 140 lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• bgrossman22
    Options
    The photo may be a bit deceiving but that makes me feel better that most think I weighed more. I really don't think I look bad at that weight. It might be a different story if more of my legs showed lol
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I'm with the others. My husband is 6'2" and healthy weight for him is supposed to be 180 and I honestly can't see him being that thin. He currently sticks around 190-200 and that works for him. He could probably trim some and gain some muscle, but would still likely be around 190-200.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    OK, maybe different places have different standards, but to me you look completely normal.

Edit: that BMI is too low though, so I don't think it's a healthy goal.
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    Hi,
    With the baggy shirt it's hard to tell, but your arms look very skinny in that pic. On the ideal weight charts for men, 6'2" starts at 170, and 140 is even low for a woman of that height. I do see that you're 21 now. A lot of times if you have growth spurts in the late teen years, you can still have a low weight for a while, then your body evens things out (weight gain.) I'm guessing that the 140 was more appropriate when you were a bit younger. Unless you have the bones of a sparrow, 140 seems extremely thin for a male at that height. My ex was 5'11" and 187 when met him, and that seemed just about right. I would concentrate on a reasonable body fat %, and see how it goes. Sounds like you're not far from a good weight now, maybe you just need to work on body composition.

Hope that helps!
    thanks
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I do have broad shoulders which is deceiving . I got weighed at the doctor office before and she set the old scale at 200. She thought I at least weighed that lol
    I don't mean to sound offensive but I agree with what others have said. You don't look 140 at all & even with the broad shoulders, you would have look way skinnier. Also in the pic, it seems that your midsection is too broad for a 140.

My ex-bf is 5'7 & weighs 63kgs (about 138 lbs.), just 2 pounds short, but he looks way too thin at that weight.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 pounds heavier now than you were in that picture (I'm only 5 ft 4) I find that hard to get my head around....Really doesn't sound right if you think about it. But anyways...on a guy of 6ft 2 that sounds so thin. Personally if I was you i'd be hitting the weights after you've ridded yourself of excess fat and put on some muscle weight.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Doesn't look to thin to me. You look like just the right weight.
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    140lbs @ 30% body fat looks totally different than 140lbs @ 9% body fat regardless of height. body composition should be more important than your weight. you should be more worried about the visceral fat around your belly, its the worst type.
    came here to post this.

I'm 140 at 5.7 with <14% BF and nowhere near skinny.

Going back to the OP, 170 sounds perfectly fine if you are 6.2. Is the 30lbs gain an estimate? I would say just focus on reducing BF%, and building muscle if thats your aim, and not focusing on acheiving a particular weight.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My new profile pic is me at 140 lbs before put on 30 lbs. My goal is to get back to that weight but everyone says that's not a healthy weight for my height 6'2". Does this look ok or is it too thin. Would like some opinions

No homo, but I see dudes bodies on another site all the time, and I'd venture to guess that you aren't remotely close to 140 in that picture.

And now that you've asked at least 3 times about this. 140 is unhealthy. There are programs online that will tell you how much body fat you have based off of your measurements. Find them, use them. It will give you a rough idea of what your goal weight should be. All that being said, do what you want. Why do you care what others think. If you like being emaciated go for it.

"no homo"? really?

tumblr_m9k5q1EXdn1rvqhmw.gif

no one's gonna think you want the diq even if you don't specifically say so. trust me
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym that has fantastic physique at that weight and height. He is also a ballet dancer with a bf% below 9%. He is both graceful and powerful. So while 140 would look sickly on me (6 ft, target weight: 178-181) there are a few rare birds that look great with 30-40 lbs less. But from your picture, I have my doubts or the picture does not allow for a clear estimation or the scale is off, or something.
    In any case, you look good in that picture and not emaciated. You must be made out of unobtainium!

What scale are you using? Sure it is accurate?
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I'm with the others. My husband is 6'2" and healthy weight for him is supposed to be 180 and I honestly can't see him being that thin. He currently sticks around 190-200 and that works for him. He could probably trim some and gain some muscle, but would still likely be around 190-200.

I agree.My husband is close to 6'2" as well and is around 190-195. If he lost 50 lbs, he would looks very very thin and sickly.