oh silly advice please....

Options
2»

Replies

• ractayjon
    Options
    You guys are great - I knew I wanted to say yes - but I think I just needed that pat on the back that says "its ok" sometimes I can be such a sap. thanks!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I agree..... go out & enjoy the evening. My guy & I can usually ifnd something healthy or share an entree & have a nice salad. I am hoping to take him to a local parl that has their hiking trails lit by luminarias. We can go out to eat and burn some of the food off with a romantic moonlight walk.
    My problem is the day before, a neighboring church has an amazing Belgian Waffle Dinner always on this weekend to raise money for a mission trip. They serv yummy sausages along with it. I can imagine how high the calories are going to be. But it is tradition and it does raise money for many of my friends to go help others. Guess I will have to exercise alot this weekend to stay on task!
  • nettiemacd
    nettiemacd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's a special night enjoy. Think about when you were first attracted to each other, ah new love. Remember how food was least improtant, in fact you hardly wanted to eat as you gazed into each others eyes. You can always take home leftovers :>)
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'd pick the restaraunt in advance (heck, probably should anyways. Reservations will be made in advance for most places, and they'll be PACKED), find the menu online, and look up the nutritional menu. Plan your meal ahead of time so you know how many calories you'll be eating, and don't go over that.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If your husband is like mine you can't pass this up. It won't happen again any time soon! I have started asking for a to go box as soon as my meal comes. Then before I start eating I put half the meal in the to go box. Cuts your portions down and your not as tempted to eat the entire plate! Which is easy to do. And you have a nice lunch for the next day. Enjoy your dinner!

great idea!
  • forefran
    Options
    Go out and enjoy life (just try to keep the food choices "wise")! Don't let anyone sabotage your plan, but have fun. We gotta live life, ya know?
  • susanw63
    susanw63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    have a great time and try not to think about calorie counting. don't sweat the small stuff. enjoy time with the one you love. Remember it's Valentine's day. enjoy!!
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Absolutely say YES!! My boyfriend made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants and surprised me with them! This is total role reversal as I completely forgot that it's V-day this weekend. (Usually I'm bugging him about what we should do.) I plan on eating whatever my little heart desires (within reason) and enjoying myself throughly! Keeping on the path to health and fitness is important, but it's also important to live it up once in awhile! Have FUN!
  • sheri3762
    Options
    I know how you feel...I had the same thoughts you did regarind what to do when dining out. what I do is work out extra hard the day i know were going out. I do the best burn I can to increase my calorie intake. I know there is a lot of people who eat back all their calories and a lot who only eat back part of them. If you burn extra calores that you can eat, then this is the perfect opportunity to eat them! Besides, we're all trying to make lifestyle changes right? Well, this probably won't be the first time your gonna have to deal with eating out, so you might as well try it and see if you can figure out your best options. I always order fish or some kind, skip the potato (unless its mashed!) and ask for an extra serving of veggies instead. As far as deserts go, just share one and only have a couple bites if your really concerned. Have a couple glasses of wine if you really want them. Just remember to try to enjoy the time, and not stress about the food. I do the same thing and it is a challenge. but, look at it this way, it will be a great learning experinece when trying to figure out ways to do it in moderation for future dates out! Good luck!!