Dont care how old you are!

Options
hey everyone! I have been on here for 4 days and have lost 11 pounds without starving myself. I simply switched to fruit and vegetables. If it helps you i have been snacking on baby carrots and i have also cut out regular pop and fast food entirley which is difficult since there are 3 fast food places within three blocks of where i work. Just looking for some friends to help motivate! Please add me.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! I have been on here for 4 days and have lost 11 pounds without starving myself. I simply switched to fruit and vegetables. If it helps you i have been snacking on baby carrots and i have also cut out regular pop and fast food entirley which is difficult since there are 3 fast food places within three blocks of where i work. Just looking for some friends to help motivate! Please add me.
    Let me guess. 1200 calories??
  • tacoslice
    Options
    well my goal was set at 3000 but without the fast food it never gets that high im normally between 1500 and 2000. I use to eat fast food at 9 am and at noon pretty much everyday.
  • Purks1986
    Purks1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Isnt it amazing how just swtiching a couple of things can help right away! Eating clean is definitely such a big part of success!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You eat only fruits and veggies and you're not hungry?
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow! thats a lot in 4 days, but it happens, especially if your diet change is so drastically different from what you were eating. Its like your body's sigh of relief.
    Add some clean protein in there and you are on your way! If you are exercising at all probably just fruits and veggies wont be sustainable in the long run. Eat a lot of protein. just saying
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    53 and am 60% vegan
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me

Ditto
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Are you saying you have lost 11 pounds in 4 days?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Great job, making better choices is a great start!! (Don't forget to eat lean proteins to maintain your own muscles)
    Feel free to add me!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

I eat a plant based diet,just fruits, veggies, nuts etc. and I am not hungry!!! And weight is melting off!
  • chaosrocks
    Options

I eat a plant based diet,just fruits, veggies, nuts etc. and I am not hungry!!! And weight is melting off!

Because fruits and vegetables supply us with more nutrition, our stomach has a way of sending signals to our brain that we are full.
    You should watch forks over knives
  • tacoslice
    Options
    i love oranges! carrots arent bad but my main food are seedless grapes they are fantastic! With eating that, I need more protein so i have a hambrger or steak for dinner to get the calories to at least 1200.. im not starving myself at all.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I eat the red seedless ones there yummy
  • aprilw2222
    aprilw2222 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any cardiovascular exercises or weight lifting to help with the weight loss?
  • tacoslice
    Options
    Are you saying you have lost 11 pounds in 4 days?

yes i have! im not joking at all. i would wake up have a poptart and 4 pieces of toast with peanut butter on them with 3 glasses of milk then i would eat mcdonalds or anything at a gas station for both of my breaks then eat when i got home then eat supper. while drinking 6 pepsis a day. to be honest i dont know how i wasnt bigger. but i know all of you can do this just change a few small things to get you started. And dont cheat. If you go over on certain categories it ok. you can look back and see what different choices you could have made. This really does help if it didnt there wouldnt be a site for it.
  • tacoslice
    Options
    Are you doing any cardiovascular exercises or weight lifting to help with the weight loss?

i walk around town for 30 minutes with my dog about 3 times a week then on weekends just getting out outside. I love this Quote " If you aren`t movin`, you`re not losin`".
  • Tamefearnua
    Options
    Are you for real
    no dont answer me
  • towardthesunshine
    Options
    I don't know why people are being so negative... I say GOOD FOR YOU and CONGRATULATIONS for deciding to make the change. Weight usually drops like nothing in the beginning, especially when the diet change is so drastic. Although it's difficult, I hope you enjoy the journey.

Best of luck to you!!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Dude great start I'm down 106 in right at five months and my first two weeks I dropped almost 25 pounds... Just eating right and moving more makes all the difference in the world feel free to add me.