Fell off the wagon, now getting back on!

Options
Hi All

I signed up to MFP September 2011. Weighing 225lbs. I was 34 years old and an ex-rugby player so being big was an advantage to me and I was exercising regular up til about 28 years old. So last year I thought enough was enough and I've never been happy with my weight and was also suffering from Sciatica and sports aches and pains. I followed a stricst exercise and diet plan only consuming alcohol once a week in moderation and lost 43lbs in 3 months. As you can imagine I was over the moon and felt absolutely fantastic. I should mention that my wife joined at the same time and at first she saw results, but did not exercise so did not see the same results as me.

Because of this my wife would constantly put me down calling me names like skeletor and always making a point with friends and family that she thought I was too skinny and had an eating problem (I didn't). Slowly but surely I began to give in to my wife and friends and started putting weight back on.

Today I am weighing 200lbs and feel absolutely furious with myself for not doing what I felt made me confident and happier within myself. I have also been suffering withg depression for a while and so stopped exercising regular.

Since I have been doing a weight program I have changed shape and put on some muscle so do not expect to get back down to my lowest weight of 182lbs but I would like to get near it, say 189lbs. It's not going to be easy as I like my food and a drink but feeling like I do know and remembering what I felt like when I lost the weight, there's no competition!

Just thought I'd share this as other people may fall off or feel like they're going to fall off because of pressures. Don't do it becuase you will feel even worse than before.

Cheers
Andrew

Replies

• 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Your family sounds really supportive (!)
  • andrew384
    andrew384 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know... They're so used to seeing me with a bit of timber on me I suppose it didn't look right to them. But I'm now thinking why should I listen to other people when I felt so good about myself, not to mention reduced aches and pains.