WALKING?? Exercise Questions

Options
2»

Replies

• 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    If you want to challenge yourself a little more, you can get weights that attach with velcrow to your wrists and ankles while you walk. I lost 35lbs in 6wks just from low-cal diet and walking 3hrs a day (this was years ago). Walking is the best basic cardio out there, especially for beginners in the exercising world.

A Beginner is exactly what I am LOL
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    50 different body weight exercises you can do... anything is better than nothing!
    http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere-030612/#
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You might look into Leslie Sansone's DVDs for those days you just don't want to go outside. They're great walking DVDs that track your miles for you. Low impact, but she mixes things up so you're not just marching in place in your living room. :)
  • OH_matt
    OH_matt Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I was in a Navy ROTC program at school and we had PT twice a week. The guy that ran it was a small guy, pure muscle, from Marine Recon, so an all around bada$$. His prefered workout for PT was running/jogging with about every half mile or so, stop for 15-20 minutes doing leg lifts, push-ups, and sit-ups. After about an hour and a half, we covered probly 2-3 miles, and did about 45 min worth of other exercises. About 2 months of this got me to my lowest since HS. Helps build up strength everywhere.

I just got back into doing this. Found a route through my neighborhood that does a loop around my house every half mile. That way when I stop, I'm doing the exercises in my own yard and not creeping out my neighbors.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses :D