Bruised Tailbone

Options
I bruised my tailbone after coming off my bike. I don't think I will be exercising for a few days, but is there anything I can do in the meantime? Any helpful stretches or anything to aid recovery?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    No idea but my tailbone has been permanently sore since the birth of my daughter 32 years ago. I'm still waiting for it to get better!
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    oh god that's terrible
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I fell once and landed on my tailbone... it was bruised and sore for almost a year, almost a year with no exercise, etc. (Granted this was before I was living a healthier lifestyle so I didn't seek out modified workouts or anything.) Almost 10 years later and I still can't stay in seated position for too long without getting up...the movie theater still kills me!
  • tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Idk any stretches or anything to help. I broke mine when I was a kid and it still gives me problems.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I injured my tailbone about 12 years ago, then again when my son was born 7 years ago. It has gotten better over time, but it's not the same as it was before.

My recommendation is to do exercises that will keep you off your butt for a few weeks until it becomes less sensitive, for example - walking, swimming. Basically anything that wouldn't put pressure on your tailbone like cycling does.

Good luck - and you have my sympathies - I know how much that hurts!