First Tall Boots - yay or nay?

Options
I've never been able to wear tall boots from a store, but since they are "trendy" I got a pair from zappos. What do you think? Normally I'm more of a jeans and tshirt type of girl but I would like to be able to wear skirts in the cold NYC winter.

Should I return or keep? I'm not 100% sure I have the confidence to wear these in public.

AHJ58.jpg

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    AHJ58.jpg

tall boots look good with that outfit, but they look a little loose at the top? that might bug me,.
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    yeah boots! I probably have about 6 pairs...and I wear them with skirts, dresses, jeans, slacks, everything! :bigsmile:
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    if you like them then wear them! I personally love tall boots..and I never care what anyone thinks about my style. I wear what I like!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    lol i bought my first 3 pairs of tall boots and i havent worn them yet but u lok good! :)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I love my tall boots but like them a little snugger at the top. Otherwise, you could totally carry them off!:smile:
  • traciseals
    Options
    YAY!!! you can rock them! go for it!!
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    As someone with gigantic muscular calves who can never find tall boots that fit - rock that pair!!

On that note - if someone knows where I can find some that fit (without gross looking elastic) hook a girl up =)
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options

tall boots look good with that outfit, but they look a little loose at the top? that might bug me,.

Yeah.. they are definitely a little loose at the top. The problem is that I have really wide calves (16") so I need to buy wide calf boots to have them fit and can therefore only buy on zappos for the most part.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the look in general, but not a fan of the fit of your boots. Sorry! I'd say, return and look for a smaller calf opening.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I wish I could wear over the calf boots, My legs have never fitted them well!

I say keep em!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    With this particular pair I'd say wear them with skinny jeans (if you can pull off skinny jeans, I cannot). The leg opening is a bit loose for a skirt. They would also be a bit too bulky to wear under bootcut jeans (my usual way to wear tall boots).
    Generally I prefer a little more heel but I'm also 5'1" so I'm always looking for ways to look taller.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    First of all....you look beautiful :smile: They are a little wide at the top, if you are feeling a little self conscious about them try them out with some black stockings, will make your legs look longer :wink:
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    you look great in them, they are keepers!!!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think they look great! What's not to like? Personally, I think they fit fine at the top...it's stiff leather, so it doesn't look like they'll slouch down or anything.
  • ROCKNMIMI
    ROCKNMIMI Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Keep them, they look nice.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have about a half a dozen pair of tall black boots of varying heels and tightness. The looseness doesn't bother me, especially as you say you need the wider calf opening. I would go with black tights with your skirt. It will make the opening less noticable and pull the look together more. Being a NEw England girl, I love my nice thick tights with my boots. Enjoy them!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I love Zappos! Your boots look great. It's not a big deal that they're loose at the top, lots of boots look like that. Plus you have a little more room if you wear them with tights or leggings or jeans. They are very cute. I remember my first pair of tall boots... I just wore my riding boots from when I was a teenager and I was thrilled that my calves fit :P I love them with the skirt, great classic look.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    As someone with gigantic muscular calves who can never find tall boots that fit - rock that pair!!

On that note - if someone knows where I can find some that fit (without gross looking elastic) hook a girl up =)

younkers! got mine on sale for $15.99 ..go up to my knee. LOVE THEM!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Seconding black stockings or tights.

But you do indeed look fantastic :-)