I definitely need the support

Options
2»

Replies

• Whitleytucker
    Options
    This is a great site. I have been on and off it for months but this time I am feeling really good about it. Just by seeing what you eat makes a huge difference. Just make sure that you track everything that you eat, even that little hershey's kiss that you "sneak". Once you are honest you won't want to add those "bad" for you foods anymore. Just keep logging in everyday and it should help you to stay focused. Good luck.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that you track everything that you eat, even that little hershey's kiss that you "sneak". Once you are honest you won't want to add those "bad" for you foods anymore.
  • Pandaholic123
    Pandaholic123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from! I feel the same way... I've been saying it for years... But i'm ready to change my body and my life, I've been hurting ever since I gained all this weight, physically and emotionally... It's not fun, and I want to get back in shape! But one of my problems is consistent support for myself and the help of others... I feel like i don't believe in myself long enough to keep it up...
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    6 months ago I was you. I had decided it was time to suck it up because it was sticking out.... EVERYWHERE. In reality it was a hard hit of reality from an aggresively rude Dr. who woke me up - but whatever it takes to get you going. Someone already posted you have to be selfish about your health. Very true. I used to feel guilty that my different diet requirements were selfish and that taking time to exercise was selfish. It is exactly NOT selfish.

In fact NOT taking time for these things is more selfish. You are stealing your life away from not just you but from everyone else who loves you and who you love. Every day that you choose to continue down the unhealthy path is another you have taken from yourself (and your loved ones).

Incidentally, 6 months has passed since I started my journey. Not long in the scheme of life really. I've lost over 50 lbs. 2 months ago I was taken off my diabetes medication. Yesterday I was taken off my blood pressure meds. The changes I made? Lifetime. I eat clean except on rare occasions where life happens and I enjoy a day and return to my new lifestyle the next. I also work out... a LOT. I don't miss the foods I have "cut" and I am addicted to working out.

You have to believe in you!