Needing Ideas???

Options
I am a stay at home mum, currently my "GYM" time is a run to and from my son's school which is a 2.5km's away. So I'm roughly jogging 10km's a day 5 days a week, I also do some calisthenics at home about twice a week.
I'm wanting to change it up a little. I work out with all my kids around, I was full of excuses before as no one could look after my little ones, so as they bike ride I 'try' and keep up with them.
I really enjoy my runs but want to change it up a little bit. I don't like waiting until they are asleep because I pretty much go to bed with them, by that time I am exhausted!!
Any ideas would be great. I also do insanity some days and videos at home, just wanting some other ideas :smile: Thank you in advance

Replies

• ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    depending on their age, you could do more things with them, maybe? My training partner has both a jogging stroller (his are very little) and a bike trailer (will last a little longer as they grow up) that he uses with his kiddos. If they're bike riding on their own, though, maybe they're large enough to go with you on a trail somewhere. Most any kid old enough to run is also old enough to kick a soccer ball around, and even as a "ref" you'd get a decent amount of exercise in.

Workout videos from netflix or the library (free!) are good to change things up, too. you can do everything from tae bo to yoga to african dance this way. Cross-fit also posts workout-of-the-day that you don't need a gym to do, and the variety is endless there (I did it for the better part of a year before repeating a workout, but maybe my memory is lousy). You do need some equipment, but it's pretty cheap or you might have substitutes handy already.

I've had good success waking up early to do things before the rest of the house is up - yes, I'm still exhausted, but my brain isn't on and usually doesn't have time to convince me to go back to bed before I'm up and moving (and it's too late). So when I get burnt out and can't workout in the evenings, I set the alarm a little earlier and my running stuff are my pj's for the night - no excuses in the morning.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that, they are great ideas :) Definitely lots to think about. Thank you